Pumping water in river for event

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Le9
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pumping water in river for event

by Le9 » 24/07/18, 10:31

Hello everyone

So, I did not make a presentation, I work in industrial computer and every year, I attend an event near Angers or we install a tavern on a specific event (complicated to explain).

This tavern is completely ephemeral and only exists during 4 / 5 days.

However, we are installed in open fields and have no access to a water point or an electrical source. So each year, we bring a generator (each year it is bigger and bigger) and every year we struggle to recover water.

We have a ton of water that we fill at a water point at about 1 Kms, a ton of water that we use only for dishes and showers.

In other years, the organizer sent us bottles of water that we provided to the festival-goers. But this year, the organizer did not find it useful to get us out of the water and the festival-goers had to manage to find drinking water and sometimes 1KM to drink. Because we, as a tavern, we sold only soft drinks or alcohol, not great to drink.

Now, I come to my explanation, the tavern is located 200 meters from a river that has a good flow, a depth of about 2 meters even in the middle of summer (the event is in summer).

So, several questions. Is it possible and legal to pump the water from the river -demarch to do, administration to prevent -? If yes, what type of equipment would it take to pump about 4000 liters (estimated) with filtering so that the water is usable and drinkable, knowing that the pump will be connected to a generator?

Thank you for your comeback,
1 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pumping water in river for event

by Gaston » 24/07/18, 14:14

As for the administrative formalities, you should consult this site.
I think a simple statement is enough.

Regarding the use of drinking water, I would not venture to see the level of sanitary security that seems too much for a temporary installation.
1 x