Drinking rainwater by UV treatment

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
gilo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Drinking rainwater by UV treatment

by gilo » 05/05/04, 16:47

Hello
I read in S&A last month that there was a process for making rainwater drinkable for consumption by simply passing it under a light
U V.
Who could tell me more?
THANK YOU
gilo
0 x
gilles 59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gilles 59 » 16/09/05, 20:47

for uv here is a serious address and not too expensive, to be provided

http://www.bordas.fr/welcome.htm
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 17/09/05, 10:44

Could you give a price for the device you bought.
get an idea of ​​what they are offering.
I will need 2, one for the pool (next summer) and the other
to decontaminate well water (showers) before heating it (ai
the fungus of legionellosis) .I plan to finish the plumbing of my
wood boiler this fall.
0 x
RaStiScaR
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by RaStiScaR » 17/09/05, 17:17

There is no need for UV lamps

in principle the rainwater is already drinkable. What is bad is where it is stored, where it flows, etc ...

to make drinking water you take a seine bottle, you fill it with half water, you shake it so that the water fills with oxygen, and you leave it in the sun for a few hours. It kills all bacteria.

I do this and I didn't get sick from the water (say for other reasons either)

There is all the details on onpeutlefaire.com in an article explaining how to have drinking water when there is a flood.

A+
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 19/09/05, 21:18

a very simple thing also consists in filling part of the downpipe of gutter with charcoal preceded by coarse sand then finer
replace everything from time to time since it is worth almost nothing
it is a technique used by the military when they run out of drinking water
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 06/10/06, 13:54

Hello ,

concerning UV treatment, this is a good anti-bacterial, it do everything living in water (bacteria, germs, viruses, etc.), but beware that all filter brewing methods. nothing !! , so if no filtration downstream of UV, well you still drink all the corpses ......, and you do not act on the "pollutants" ......

RaStiScaR wrote:in principle the rainwater is already drinkable.

be careful .... it is not safe to say that .... this is not the case !!

A2E wrote: a very simple thing also consists in filling part of the downpipe of gutter with charcoal preceded by coarse sand then finer

the best way also to stop the descents .....

amicalement

: Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/10/06, 23:06

little sparrow wrote:Hello ,

concerning UV treatment, this is a good anti-bacterial, it do everything living in water (bacteria, germs, viruses, etc.), but beware that all filter brewing methods. nothing !! , so if no filtration downstream of the UV, well you still drink all the corpses

yeah, like when we eat :D
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 07/10/06, 18:17

gilo wrote: Hello
I read in S&A last month that there was a process for making rainwater drinkable for consumption by simply passing it under a light
U V.
Who could tell me more?
THANK YOU
gilo

if it is the following, well jpeux touch you 2 words because I saw a prototype in the lab ... it's solar potocatalyze! the catalyst (activator of the reaction) is particles of TiO2 (titanium oxide). the principle quite simply explain:
-> sunlight activates the UV sensitive catalyst (energy wave, photon, etc.)
-> on the same physical principle used by Photo Voltaic (PV) cells, there are electrons and therefore holes which jump an energy level and which make it possible to combine the radicals (molecules) which oxidize or trap pollutants.
-> the concern is the fixation of a thin layer of TiO2
-> the other concern is that the efficiency is only good under UV c radiation ... so there is another proto with a PV panel to power a UV c lamp (wavelength about 250 nm) ...

voalou I hope it's clear, and that's what you read on S&A. there's a classmate working on it ... there's a project to install some in africa => decontamination of wells! if you want more info, don't hesitate! :D
there I no longer have the capacity for tracking but I believe that for the 1st prototype and under the sun of our latitudes, it is 50L during the day, to be confirmed!

for raStiScaR:
cool ... i had heard about it but i never tried it ... :|

for A2E:
well that amounts to doing phyto-purification ... directly in the gutter ... soft, as long as you do 2 or 3 pools before your recovery tank and voila! : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 08/10/06, 12:01

Hello ,

I guess it's good photocatalysis of which you speak Lio74

see :
>
http://www.ecrin.asso.fr/?q=node/4012
http://hydre.auteuil.cnrs-dir.fr/dae/co ... poleID=105
http://labo.univ-poitiers.fr/lcee/photocatalyse.htm
http://www-lepmi.inpg.fr/poe/themes/photocatalyse.html
http://biblion.epfl.ch/EPFL/theses/1992 ... atalyse%22

but is that what you were talking about Gilo, specifying:
a process for the purification of rainwater for consumption by simple passage under a light
U V.
??

amicalement : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
kmala
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kmala » 08/10/06, 15:46

Warning: UV kills bacteria, but if the water is contaminated with chemicals it does not work: dioxin, acid rain etc
By cons shake the water bottle so that it oxygenates c not really wrong but a little simplistic.
c what we do for Lyonnaise: oxidation of water by air injection to make a precipitate which is then recovered by a sand filter. it works for many chemicals but not all
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "