"Water softener

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
jahsoldier
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

"Water softener

by jahsoldier » 27/11/17, 16:06

Hello,

Wanting to decrease the hardness of my water for my machines, I was wondering what you thought of the solution which consists in injecting CO2 into the pipes to reduce the action of limestone?
From what I had read, the water that came out of the pipes became limestone again and this did not prevent traces on the taps and the like but at least it reduced the presence of limestone in the pipes and on the resistances of the various machines.

Furthermore, the advantage of this process was that the water remained potable unlike a salt softener.

What do you think ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: "water softener"

by chatelot16 » 27/11/17, 19:10

co2 can protect the resistance of a pressurized water heater, but will not protect the resistance of a washing machine: without pressure the slightest heating causes the co2
0 x