water-tonomy

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
bimo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

water-tonomy

by bimo » 23/11/16, 12:57

Hello

I would like to go into autonomy on the water supply of the house (and the garden but that's it) and I have several sources of water:

2 wells which seem to be dry at the end of July
a pond fed by a captured source, upstream on the ground, which can feed the house by gravity (with a pressure to check)
water collectors supplied by gutters

2 power sources can connect to the plumbing network by the north facade of the house, while the wells (and the current city water supply) arrive by the south facade) ...

I plan to install a pump and booster pump with balloon (50L mini) but several questions arise:
- if you separate the pump from the booster, can you place the booster anywhere in the circuit?
- can we place it anywhere on the circuit: it seems doubtful knowing that the pump would be used to pump rainwater ...
- What about filtration: should each element be filtered separately (additional cost) and more finely filter the water intended for the kitchen (I'm not talking about drinking water which is a personal choice) ...
- spring water is brought in by a 30x25 pipe more than 100m long (for a 6-7m drop). the house supply pipes are at 16 ... when I connect the 30x25 to 16, does this create an overpressure?

what material do you recommend:
pump ?
booster?
booster pump group?
filtering material at the pond: currently I put a watering can (and slightly enlarged the holes with a drill) on the 30x25 pipe, but this does not filter small particles and especially the apple is regularly obstructed. Are there systems (preferably to make yourself or not) to capture water from a pond?

here, I hope that you will have roughly understood the principle and that you will be able to answer my questions :)
Thank you and good day
bimo
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: water-economy

by chatelot16 » 23/11/16, 20:00

a booster pump and an accumulator ... there is no reason why the 2 should be in the same place, provided there is a hose to connect them

in my house for a long time the accumulator is in the house to be protected from frost and the pump is next to the rainwater tank to limit the length of the suction pipes

a tip to avoid freezing the pump: bypass valve on the non-return valve: when the pump stops, the accumulator slowly drains, returning to the tank and the pump restarts from time to time ... of course tap is only open when there is a risk of frost and open just enough for a low flow ... in summer it is closed

the same for the pressure switch which controls the pump: it can be placed anywhere on the pipes ... at my home it is inside: it allows to put a visible light to know when the pump is running, and see if it turns too often as a sign of a leak or other problem
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: water-economy

by phil53 » 23/11/16, 20:40

By cons ask about the regulations it is quite sharp. Prohibition to mix networks distributing water of different quality. You even have to label.
For the pond in your place I will reserve it for watering with a coarse filter and an independent pump. Making it almost drinkable seems like a hell of a job.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "