SWE, the Walloon Water Company: 10 € / m3

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

SWE, the Walloon Water Company: 10 € / m3

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 12:40

Suite 2016 version of this topic: water-pumping-filtration / infosociety wallonne-of-water-swe-7-m3-and-water-in-Belgium-t14067.html

Received today my regularization invoice for 2015 of my water bills: 14m3 charged to 134.54 HT + 8.07 of VAT to 6% is 142.61 € TTC for 14 m3 consumed is more than 10 € / m3 ... for a country which is far from lacking water resources ... in short, we applaud very loudly!

In 2015 I had promised myself to save less water: I can not force myself, I can not do it, my genes of econologist are too strong ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

Re: SWE, the Mafia Walloon Water Company: 10 € / m3

by Remundo » 09/05/16, 13:14

in Auvergne, it's around 1 to 2 € the m3 without the subscription.

there are many people who pay 1 € the liter in supermarket : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 13:22

Remundo wrote:in Auvergne, it's around 1 to 2 € the m3 without the subscription.

As explained in the other topic: in "my" case it is the subscription (billed per day which does not depend on the volume consumed) which weighs the bill.

At the consumption level I 19.44 € TTC 13.6% of the invoice ...

In short, a billing system that kills saving behavior, after government campaigns that encourage citizen behavior to save resources ... how to say ... make me laugh (and I remain polite ...) .. .

Remundo wrote:there are many people who pay 1 € the liter in supermarket : Mrgreen:

Yes it's on ... but they do not wash with ... : Cheesy: (although some emirs or dictators may be ...)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/05/16, 14:39

We have taken the (bad) habit that the cost of creating and maintaining the network is "diluted" in the unit price (per m3), but 34 cents per day to pay for the network, even if we do not consume anything, that does not strike me as totally absurd.

Obviously, it does not encourage water conservation, but it is the problem of all products with a low unit cost compared to infrastructure. :(
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 14:44

Gaston wrote:Obviously, it does not encourage water conservation, but it is the problem of all products with a low unit cost compared to infrastructure. :(

This is the concern that I try to put forward here!

All the more so as the titles of the subscription are "Distribution" and "Sanitation" ... which are at the daily rate ... logically they should be proportional to the volume consumption!

And sanitation is fun because I'm not connected to the sewer ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/05/16, 14:51

Christophe wrote:
Gaston wrote:Obviously, it does not encourage water conservation, but it is the problem of all products with a low unit cost compared to infrastructure. :(

This is the concern that I try to put forward here!
We can not simultaneously have price transparency and an incentive policy :?

Christophe wrote:All the more so as the titles of the subscription are "Distribution" and "Sanitation" ... which are at the daily rate ... logically they should be proportional to the volume consumption!
Sanitation, yes, at least in part, but Distribution has no reason to depend on the volume consumed.
What matters is the length of pipes to maintain / replace (and we can not really say that a pipe wears more depending on the volume of water transported : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 15:16

Gaston wrote:but Distribution has no reason to depend on the volume consumed.

Uh the pumping costs (maintenance and depreciation of facilities included) and pretreatment of water (analysis, chlorination ...) ... are still related to the volume distributed ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/05/16, 15:57

Christophe wrote:Uh the pumping costs (maintenance and depreciation of facilities included) and pretreatment of water (analysis, chlorination ...) ... are still related to the volume distributed ...
For the maintenance and depreciation of the installations, that can very well be part of the "daily" costs.

For pumping (electricity consumption, ...) and treatments, these costs should contribute to the price of m3 water.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 16:01

Yes, I think we play a little on the words there ... : Cheesy:

It's too expensive when you're thrifty ... that's it! : Cheesy:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/05/16, 16:25

Christophe wrote:It's too expensive when you're thrifty ... that's it! : Cheesy:
How much do you expect (per day) to have permanent drinking water available by simply opening the tap :?:
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "