Project for the development of drinking water without electricity.

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Michele
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Project for the development of drinking water without electricity.

by Michele » 29/10/15, 15:34

Hello,

Member of a team of four students in Master of Chemical Engineering at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich - Switzerland), I am currently working on a project to design a device to produce drinking water without utility of electricity.

In order to carry out this one, we would like to have some opinions that in your perception on this project. Thus, you can contribute to it by answering a small survey that lasts 2 minutes.

http://goo.gl/forms/xA6PYPwxJT

We thank you in advance for the help you bring us, and we remain at your disposal for any questions about our project.

Michèle for the project.
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 04/12/15, 14:09

Error
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/12/15, 18:15

I came across the question that kills, so I did not answer!

And there are too many "smart" questions missing to come from the over-gifted EPFZ, so for me it's niet, it's still a commercial thing, or else you will fail.

And if you want to talk about cash:
Bleach (hypochlorite of soda) unscented (extremely important) it allows to sanitize the water chemically. This is the simplest, cheapest and most versatile sanitation method available today, recommended by the Red Cross (for water treatment during and after a disaster). It does not require electricity. If one has bleach in concentration 1% 10 drops per liter, between 4 and 6% 2 drops of bleach are sufficient (per liter) between 7 and 10% concentration, 1 drop per liter . Then leave 30 minutes in the bottle without sealing, after this time your water is ready to be consumed without any risk (the hypochlorite is very volatile, it will be gone). If the water is to be consumed later, close the cap and open 1 / 2 before drinking ...

And extremely economical, 5 liters of bleach (5%) can treat 5'000 liters of water!

If the water is very dirty you can double the dose, in minutes 30 will evaporate, so no risk here, there is the margin ...

Boiling (which I prefer) is also very effective.
0 x
nomansland
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re:

by nomansland » 11/12/17, 12:26

Obamot wrote:I came across the question that kills, so I did not answer!

And there are too many "smart" questions missing to come from the over-gifted EPFZ, so for me it's niet, it's still a commercial thing, or else you will fail.

And if you want to talk about cash:
Bleach (hypochlorite of soda) unscented (extremely important) it allows to sanitize the water chemically. This is the simplest, cheapest and most versatile sanitation method available today, recommended by the Red Cross (for water treatment during and after a disaster). It does not require electricity. If one has bleach in concentration 1% 10 drops per liter, between 4 and 6% 2 drops of bleach are sufficient (per liter) between 7 and 10% concentration, 1 drop per liter . Then leave 30 minutes in the bottle without sealing, after this time your water is ready to be consumed without any risk (the hypochlorite is very volatile, it will be gone). If the water is to be consumed later, close the cap and open 1 / 2 before drinking ...

And extremely economical, 5 liters of bleach (5%) can treat 5'000 liters of water!

If the water is very dirty you can double the dose, in minutes 30 will evaporate, so no risk here, there is the margin ...

Boiling (which I prefer) is also very effective.

Hello ; Bin here is the solution I'm looking for a while! To become independent again against the big lobys of the fleet sale : Evil: !! I already use the water from my gutters and that from my well for the toilets and the washing machine; But faced with the "dangers" described here and there when using the recovery water to wash !! ??. No need for sophisticated machinery with expensive maintenance !! In fact, just a few centiliters of bleach in my tank !!! : Lol:
a + Stef
1 x