Water in France

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Water in France

by moinsdewatt » 06/08/15, 14:23

Price of water. 50 communities will test the social tariff

West-France 06 August 2015

Experimentation on the implementation of a social water tariff will be implemented in 50 communities, including Rennes or Le Havre.

The complete list has just been published in the Official Journal. Paris, Rennes, Strasbourg, Bordeaux or even Grenoble, Dijon and Le Havre are part of 50 communities that will implement a social water tariff to lighten the bill of disadvantaged households.

Reveal the most relevant solutions

As a reminder, after a first decree dated 14 April which had retained an initial list of 18 communities, the Ministry of Ecology and Energy had issued a decree (31 July) "amending and completing the list of local authorities and their groupings "retained for the implementation of social water pricing. An experiment provided for in the law Brottes sur l'énergie du 15 avril 2013.

This test will therefore be completed on 15 April 2018 and the solutions "which will prove to be the most relevant will, if necessary, be extended to the entire territory". In addition to Paris and cities and metropolitan regional agglomerations, the completed list includes unions from overseas communities (Martinique and North West Caribbean coasts) and new water unions including Sedif (Ile-de-France).

http://www.ouest-france.fr/prix-de-leau ... al-3605982

For Grenoble the new green mayor (Piolle) had spoken in his electoral program.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/08/15, 15:00

Go one more step to encourage the waste of those who will not pay dearly ... Paid by those who will rack the price at a high price while they tighten the taps ... Like electricity and collective heating. .. Let's stop the social in terms of excessive consumption ... Yes for a social tariff but 25l / pesonnes / jour ...

Strangely in my village the only lawns still green ... Are those of the "opaque" subdivision where nobody works ... rents and charges indexed to income ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/08/15, 16:35

The rich have found an excellent way to anesthetize the poor: to offer themselves as a model to follow.
This strategy relayed ad nauseam by the media allows the tour de force of making the worst off look like profiteers and making transparent the excesses of the oligarchy, felt both as more "legitimate" and also more distant ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 06/08/15, 18:48

Macro wrote:Go one more step to encourage the waste of those who will not pay dearly ... Paid by those who will rack the price at a high price while they tighten the taps ... Like electricity and collective heating. .. Let's stop the social in terms of excessive consumption ... Yes for a social tariff but 25l / pesonnes / jour ...

Strangely in my village the only lawns still green ... Are those of the "opaque" subdivision where nobody works ... rents and charges indexed to income ...

This is an experiment [so there will be different ways to do it, depending on the community - so no single rule]. It is a social tariff [if there is tariff, it is that it is not free!].

I can not find an article I read about this pricing in Strasbourg.

But the principle, in general, is precisely a strong progressivity..

It does not shock me that pool owners, who consume as much as 10 families, pay much more for their water.

I found this example of pricing, prior to the law Brottes:

The eco-solidarity pricing, it was born for the first time in Dunkerque, 1er October 2012. In this territory of 220 000 inhabitants, the billing of water takes into account the volumes consumed, the resources and the composition of the households. Three price bands are set according to the uses of water: "essential", 0,83 € / m3 from 0 to 75 m3; "Useful water", 1,53 € / m3 from 76 to 200 m3; "Comfort water", 2,04 € / m3 additional. This pricing is thus reflected in a minimum drop of 20% of the prices for so-called "essential" water. Large families receive, from the sixth person, a "Check Ô" of 12 € per additional person per year. The main innovation lies in the fact that for beneficiaries of complementary CMU, there is a preferential rate for the essential water tranche, reduced by 70% compared to the previously applicable rate, which represents a savings of 56 € per year. home and year. On the environmental side, in addition to the progressivity mechanism, a sustainable water fund encourages investments by economic actors to reduce their consumption or preserve the resource. It is funded through an increase of 0,3% in the price of water for these beneficiaries.

You can, in your cocoon, on the edge of your swimming pool, not see that the majority of the needy are in dire need. I do not wish anyone to enter the spirals of over-indebtedness: divorce / loan on the house / dismissal ... I know people "very well in all respects" to whom this has happened without them having messed up !

One can always, like a famous political family in France, see only the few percent who abuse these systems. And stigmatize. And close your eyes on almost 4 million unemployed [and it must be said that everyone could find work! Simple common sense].

And on at least as many people who work and do not make ends meet ...

But even to the primary grumblers, I do not even want it to happen to them so that their eyes open!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/08/15, 20:08

+ 100!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/08/15, 22:05

in my entourage someone in financial difficulty had a tap that leaked a bit ... then leaked a little more ... and how to find a plumber ... it only move for the right customer, not for people in difficulty

this person ended up finding me when she had a huge water bill ... lamentable is the difficulty in finding a repairman at a reasonable price ... she was completely cheated numerous times

and I always come back to the same thing! if you want to make true ecology, you have to favor and completely tax all the craftsmen who make it possible to save water or energy.

it does not take the current absurdity of a tax credit that benefits only those who do well-planned large-scale work and that is of no use to those who are in difficulty for such simple needs as to stop a leak
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/08/15, 09:05

Ahmed wrote:The rich have found an excellent way to anesthetize the poor: to offer themselves as a model to follow.

If you consider me "rich" ... Without being the most virtuous, the poor I am talking about could indeed follow my model in terms of water consumption ...

-I don't water my "pseudo" lawn.
-My amateur kitchen garden is watered in the watering can with my rainwater collected in basins tank cans .... (yes but it is necessary to take care of it)
-I do not have a pool (not even a freestanding) my kids will swim in the rivierre (hay yes but there are pebbles at the bottom and the water is not clear)
I do not wash my cars every week (already once a year is good ....)
I have been doing since XNUM in a merciless war to my two addos on the time spent under the faucet shower open without hesitation to cut off the cold water from my tap of the ground floor.
-I do not pass the karcher on my terrace 3 or 4 times in the summer.A bucket of 10 liters and a broom brush do the trick in late spring ...
- our washing machine and dishwasher turn when they are full and on short cycles ...

In spite of that we arrive nevertheless at an annual conso of 60 has 80m3 ...

And I do not let myself be guided by the songs of the sirens of the media or a political party ...
I look around me ... I regularly go A family of this accommodation (the mother is a former colleague of my wife) .... THEY DO NOT KNOW THEIR CONSUMPTION OF WATER AND GAS) ... They have been completely deresponsabilized by the high-dose infusions of aids, allowances, subsidies, a telé a computer in each room a smartphone in the pockets of 3 momes two weeks cigarette cartridges for 3 home smokers ....

The political leaders who are currently embarking on social measures of this kind are actually opening the taps that will fill the pools to voters who have the nerve to go to work to only feed the drawers social policy fund ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/08/15, 10:03

There is a certain moralism which consists in thinking that the poor should, in compensation for their condition, show a striking virtue.
It is to forget that these are the first victims of marketing, since the poverty suffered is accompanied by alienation ...
The ostentatious consumption (brands, Iphone ...) of the poor is a phenomenon of clumsy rejection of what differentiates them from others.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/08/15, 10:56

Ahmed wrote:There is a certain moralism which consists in thinking that the poor should, in compensation for their condition, show a striking virtue.

This is not in my opinion a story of moralism but common sense. I win 10 € I do not spend 11. If my 10 € are not enough I go in priority to the strict necessary ...

If I want to earn money or money I do not do the difficult thing ...

My two kids work or we worked this summer ... One is 18 years old, his car has € 400 bought and retyped with his wages from the last summers spent castrating but allows him to do his 25km which separates him from the box of aircraft construction where he found work for the school holidays from our house ... The other was 15 years old on August 3 and also worked on the castration of but his employer made a request for an exemption to make moms of 14 years old he was hired for a week he did two (because it was too hard and there was some withdrawal) then three three additional days to do "the checks" task which normally is not made for 1st year ... Because the other moms had gone on vacation ...

Both have found the same problem of the job there is what is missing it is hands not occupied by iphones to do it ...
The big has even signed for all school holidays next year, the little one has no right ...

I did not want to tell my little anecdote yesterday ... But good to pass for an old con rea I'm not ready for it ....

I told you about my pest problems in my garden ...

Yesterday morning Mamita territorial agent echelon 1 level 1 on vacation (smoothing a contract 21 / 35eme smoothed over the year) is called by her employer (she and two other communal employees) to go to pick up trash and cleaning toilets of the municipal campsite (closed to the public for reasons of security, reopened there can by force of the trucks) two hours of taff in the campsite almost empty of its occupants (but trailers still there) ... Back to the home .... the tomatoes were still harvested ... I think the next will have a funny taste ...

When it comes to finding help when you're in need to repair a leak on a leaky faucet .... With a minimum of tact and good faith we always find a handyman in his entourage to to fix the problem. A group of first price water heaters is a dozen ... Cut the valve to the meter when we do not need water it's free ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 07/08/15, 11:50

Water: prices rise faster than inflation in 86% of cities

Boursorama with AFP the 20 / 03 / 2015

According to a study of "60 million consumers", water prices increased faster than inflation between 2011 and 2014 in most major French cities. In question? The increase in VAT and sanitation expenditure.

Since 2011, water prices have increased by 6,3% on average in the 130 largest cities in France. Inflation has increased by 4% over the same period.

Among the cities where the price increase was the strongest: Évreux (+ 37%), Bar-le-Duc (+ 25%) or Agen (+ 24%). Conversely, only twelve cities have lowered their prices, such as Antibes (-56%), Gap (-24%) or Narbonne (-20%). Price increases are a reality in 112 of the 130 cities on which "60 million consumers" and the France Libertés foundation based their survey.

Finally, in 2014, three cities - Evreux, Saint-Quentin, Laon - had a price per cubic meter of water above 5 euros, well above the national average of 3,55 euros for all 130 major cities studied.
Faced with these figures, 60 million consumers insists, in an article to appear in its April edition, on the fact that "these prices do not say everything" and that "there is no bad price increase. in itself ", given the very different local constraints from one city to another.

The water tables from which the water resource is drawn do not have the same quality everywhere and sometimes involve important treatments. At the other end of the chain, wastewater treatment must take into account the type of discharges in the network (domestic, industrial, agricultural). And between the two, the condition of networks, pipelines and treatment units sometimes require renewal or modernization investments.

Cities also highlight the increase in VAT on the sanitation part, which rose from 5,5% to 10% between 2011 and 2014, explains 60 million consumers. In four years, the share of the "VAT and charges" component in the price of water has thus increased by 14,5%, ahead of the "sanitation" part (+ 7,1%). The "drinking water" component remained relatively stable (+ 0,8%).

In 2014, the average price of 3,55 euros per cubic meter was broken down into 1,33 euro for drinking water, 1,35 euro for sanitation and 0,87 euro for VAT and royalties.

http://www.boursorama.com/actualites/ea ... 9cd34bf3fc
0 x