But no, but no, everything is normal :)

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
The Passing

But no, but no, everything is normal :)

by The Passing » 28/12/05, 21:37

Floods in..sahara?
Everything is fine...
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 28/12/05, 22:00

hmm .. it's true that it must be rare, should we draw conclusions from it?
With us we can not say that we are complaining about a difficult winter that we announced was severe (for now); this mini cold spell will be over on Saturday; it didn't even last 1 week! : roll:
In Provence, it has been getting drier for the past 5 years, especially the winters which at the end of the 90s had never been so rainy ... and now it's the opposite. The months of June July when there is no longer a drop ..
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Yup

by freddau » 29/12/05, 09:31

Honestly I have no idea .......

I had heard in the News that the Amazon was in drought ...... a figure like 5 to 10 m missing on the Amazon had been communicated.

I also read that the Panama Canal suffered from lack of water because the waters of the lakes regulating the canal lacked water ...
We tried to explain it by the deforestation of the surrounding forests.

In fact I find that the system is so complex that we know absolutely nothing, or almost: a little proof:

we had heard from consultants saying: with more CO2 in the atmosphere, plants will grow faster because photosynthesis will be improved .....
After 2003, we saw that the drought did not help the growth and therefore the storage, in the end the plants had trouble growing.
In short we planted ourselves in beauty anyway for plants in France, but that had to be tested first ...

Afterwards did not ask me if the consultant was paid by Esso and Co.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 29/12/05, 09:34

Meanwhile in our campaigns the water levels are at the lowest for more than a year now, and this is not really a usual situation. Ponds are dry, it's unheard of! (In Indre and Loire at least)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/05, 10:20

Strange but is it really harmful for the repopulation and the "regreening" of the Sahara? If it is this phenomenon is purely punctual indeed it only presents disadvantages .... but if it occurs regularly it could give a "new" agricultural start to the inhabitants of the region ....

What do you want ... I try to be optimistic ... and to see the positive aspects of the climatic upheavals (because there are some) .... anyway we will not change much to the excess of carbon rejected in the last 150 years ... unless you find a process to "extract" CO2 from the air via gigantic filters :D
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 09/01/06, 14:16

a few tens of thousands of years ago there were green forests where the Sahara is today .............. the wheel turns ... :?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 09/01/06, 15:05

even terrestrial magnetism is changing, the compasses would no longer be quite right.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
The Passing

And that, usual or not ???

by The Passing » 09/01/06, 17:37

Normal or not?

China

Xinjiang Province under 60 cm of snow

Xinjiang Province in northern China is buried in snow. A storm that affects more than six million people.

Almost 60 centimeters fell in the cities of Altay and Tacheng. Temperatures dropped to minus 43 degrees celcius.

Some 25 people were evacuated from the affected regions and then relocated. The army was mobilized to come to the aid of the population.

Source: http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/infos/lemonde/ ... 10309.html
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 09/01/06, 20:09

lau wrote:even terrestrial magnetism is changing, the compasses would no longer be quite right.

It seems that it is a natural phenomenon and that the magnetic north pole has always wandered without fixing. It even seems that this little rascal descends regularly to the South Pole :D .

On the movements observed:
http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/long_mvt_nmp_f.php

On pole reversals:
http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/reversals_f.php
Last edited by Christine the 09 / 01 / 06, 20: 31, 3 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 09/01/06, 20:17

econology wrote:but if this happens regularly it could give a "new" agricultural start to the inhabitants of the region ....

Yes, but it's less cool for those who live further north. All the projections (I have no source to quote, it is from memory) say that the African desert zone is moving towards the north and (prepare your swimwear) that it will occupy the south of Europe one day.
0 x