Increasing the pressure of the feed water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Increasing the pressure of the feed water

by Grelinette » 14/05/14, 14:23

Hello everybody

I open this new subject so as not to pollute the debates already on this theme with my naive question ...

I live at the top of a hill and opposite, on another hill, almost at the height of my accommodation, there is the water tower which supplies me with water ...
ImageImage

You will understand, I have almost no water pressure (barely 1 bar), especially since for 2 years there have been many new constructions in my neighborhood. Being at the end of the network, I think that the pressure also decreases with each new subscriber to the water. (The town hall now also imposes a booster for new subscribers at height).

In short, I'm looking for a way to compensate for this very low water pressure, and installing a compressor with a balloon is too expensive.

Can I put at the entrance of my house a small pump or circulator which starts automatically (simple pressure switch), or manually (switch) when necessary?

Thank you for your answers and advice.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 15/05/14, 00:02

Hey, yes, that's what we call a booster. it starts up as soon as you draw water because opening a tap lowers the pressure. as soon as you turn off the tap, the pressure returns to its "normal" value. the booster stops. everything is a question of adjusting the pressure switches of the booster.
0 x
Click my signature