Rust in blower bladder

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
megadec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Rust in blower bladder

by megadec » 19/10/13, 12:48

Hello,

After dismantling my bladder tank (horizontal, 100l) for bladder cleaning, I found a lot of rust.

In fact, the bladder holding part (opposite the water inlet), the one where the pressure switch is connected, is completely rusted.

Apparently the steel used and which is permanently in the water is of very poor quality, the balloon is a Varem.

Do you know how this metal piece is fixed to the bladder, it looks stuck, I don't dare touch it too much because I don't want to damage the bladder. I am thinking of buying the same piece of stainless steel.

Thank you for your help.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/10/13, 15:03

when an iron piece rusts against rubber, it seems to stick: pass a blade that does not cut too much between rubber and iron and it will come off

I see this kind of thing with galvanized steel plate: zinc is enough outside to decorate, and does not last long inside

a good interior epoxy paint can be a more economical solution than remaking it in stainless steel
0 x
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by swallowtail » 19/10/13, 15:06

Hello,
same problem with my booster.

I found a lot of water in the tank, either by leaking at the level of the bladder collar, or by puncture of the bladder?
Result, the plate which closes the tank, had the small grid completely rusted.
Normally, the bladder is not glued to this plate, but sealing is ensured by tightening the flange against the tank, using 6 bolts.
I think you can "take off" the bladder delicately, clean, and lightly grease with silicone grease (food), and then reassemble.
here is some info
swallowtail
0 x
megadec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by megadec » 19/10/13, 17:43

ok thank you, it reassures me, I will actually treat it.

I also treat the inside of the balloon because it is not treated ....
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "