Having a well in your house

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
mushi mushi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Having a well in your house

by mushi mushi » 02/09/13, 15:51

Hello

I am renting recently in a house, it turns out that I have a well in my house, it was condemned with everything and nothing (big stones, earth, sand, old glass wool and I do not know what else )

the problem is that it brings humidity in the house, with the owner, we decided to empty it up to 20 cm below the finished floor, we would like to condemn it properly so as to avoid as much as possible rising humidity

I'm looking for advice on how to do it

thanks in advance for all the constructive responses

0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 02/09/13, 20:12

Welcome to econology!

Simply filling it with cement should do the job.

You can make a silicone seal around the perimeter before pouring the cement and it will be waterproof from the bottom if a crack appears on the surface all around the concrete blocks.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/13, 21:51

Ballast at the bottom + water-repellent mortar 5 to 10 cm should be enough ...

But that may not prevent capillary surges around the edge ... Is there still liquid water at the bottom or at times? The background is wet (it looks like yes on the photo)

I would use the base to make a bread / pizza oven :) (if it is possible to easily evacuate the smoke, of course ...)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/09/13, 10:52

Personally I would unclog this well to draw the water and feed my house gently with .. then an exit on the outside with a ventilation would allow the evacuation of humid air a good metal cover with rot-proof insulation and gasket sealing and zou ..
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/13, 10:54

Ben must see if it is not dry at the bottom ...

It is sure that this would be the best solution and a bread oven above with a calorie recovery!

This is applied econology!

: Cheesy:
0 x
mushi mushi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mushi mushi » 04/09/13, 10:08

thank you, finally constructive response

the well is very badly placed, I cannot make aeration for the smoke, then I do not know how to know the depth of the well nor to know the nature of the embankment used, unless unclogging it, moreover I do not know if the water if would be found in sufficient abundance
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/09/13, 11:29

If it was filled I think it was because it was dry. This is often the case with old wells. They are full of water in winter / when it rains, but no more sources supply them and once empty they do not fill up until the next rain.
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 09/09/13, 08:55

Hello,
With the advent of the current, well owners, at best, covered their well with some kind of plate at worst used it as a trash can. This is my case, one of my wells has been transformed into a sanitary pit (which is scandalous for the water table), the second, simply condemned by a large metal plate.

However, unlike you, they are outside, the first has been cleaned left dormant for more than ten years and rehabilitated to supply water to a fountain, the second supplies water to my garden. It's a blessing, I (almost) never use tap water to irrigate my vegetable patch and flowers.

In terms of humidity, the fact of drawing water will create a hollow in the tablecloth under the house so reduce capillary rise.

It is well known that in the past, to move the neighbor, it was enough to dig a well deeper than his in order to bring down the tablecloth and dry the shallowest well. So a working well in the house dries the foundations rather than the opposite.

I add that an unused well becomes clogged, it is the fact of regularly drawing water that keeps it alive by the depression between the wet soil and the empty area in the well. Again, running water killed the wells ...

I agree with the macro, the well can be easily sealed, but when you are lucky enough to have a well, it is better to put it into service than the butcher.

cordially
0 x
mushi mushi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mushi mushi » 09/09/13, 12:17

the idea of ​​putting the well back in function is interesting, now to empty, it is another story I do not know its depth and especially with what it was filled in, moreover placed in the house, it becomes very difficult to put in work
0 x