Mosquito control

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
neonavy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Mosquito control

by neonavy » 19/08/13, 12:47

Hello,
Following a trip to Vietnam, I discovered that the peasants who collected rainwater (without running water) put an Alum stone in their jar to kill the mosquito larvae.
After asking the question to "more scientific sources", it follows that a study has been made ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3081732/ ), but despite the encouraging results have not led anywhere ... That said the results are there and I think it is a method that wins to be known by its economic and ecological (and that's why I come and post on this forum)! ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/13, 13:17

Hey welcome here! I just talked about your email this morning here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/pierre-d-a ... 12699.html

8)
0 x
neonavy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by neonavy » 19/08/13, 13:22

lol
I only follow your advice ;-)
You are free to delete the excess message.
(note that it would be good to keep the link to the study)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/13, 13:33

No worries, we can keep the 2 subjects! This could develop towards the more general mosquito control ...

Thanks for the study link!

ps: we are usually familiar with a forum 8)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/08/13, 14:33

what is the principle of the alum stone against mosquitoes?

clarify water like any aluminum flocculant, aluminum sulfate, or poly aluminum chloride?

if that is dangerous, the flocculating effect only works if the pH of the water is close to 7 ... if the PH is acidic or basic, the aluminum in the alum or flocculant dissolved in water with no useful effect
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/13, 14:42

The answer must be in the study link right?
0 x
neonavy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by neonavy » 19/08/13, 15:00

chatelot16 wrote:what is the principle of the alum stone against mosquitoes?

clarify water like any aluminum flocculant, aluminum sulfate, or poly aluminum chloride?

if that is dangerous, the flocculating effect only works if the pH of the water is close to 7 ... if the PH is acidic or basic, the aluminum in the alum or flocculant dissolved in water with no useful effect

Regarding the use of water made thus treated in Vietnam I could not say, but for "home" we just need to treat the unused water point (neither for drinking nor for the garden) , and that's good because at home I have 45M3 which I only use to grow mosquitoes! ;-)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/08/13, 16:27

I find in this link only a 4 page pdf

I see a dosage in PPM of alum giving a certain mortality of the mosquito larvae but without giving the influence of the other characteristics of the water

I am afraid that the alum will only be effective in fairly pure water, and will have no effect in dirty water that mosquitoes like, unless you put huge quantities
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 19/08/13, 19:07

Christophe wrote:No worries, we can keep the 2 subjects! This could develop towards the more general mosquito control ...

Thanks for the study link!

ps: we are usually familiar with a forum 8)

Keyword: "" mosquito trap "eco-friendly house

EX: 1
*** http://www.zinfos974.com/Un-piege-a-mou ... 21842.html ***
"" 200 ml of water,
50 grams of brown sugar,
1 gram of yeast (bread yeast, you will find in any supermarket) and a 2 liter plastic bottle ""

EX: 2 "" put guppies. in an "improvised" trap "aquarium" : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 19/08/13, 21:34

Good evening, there are also candles and citronella lamp oil as a repellant, with an old oil lamp
I doubt it will be effective or grow lemongrass in the garden, more natural 8)

there are also UV but solar lamps
who grills mosquitoes

they also sell anti-mosquito bracelets with ultra sound but good probably a gadget

some carnivorous plants : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
can be other repellents like citronella
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "