Privatization of drinking water ... Long live the European Union !!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Privatization of drinking water ... Long live the European Union !!

by Christophe » 25/02/13, 14:36

Crazy ... but true ... what a shit system !! We understand this better: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post251380.html#251380
: Evil:

European Commission forces crisis-affected countries to privatize water

Brussels - The European Commission is deliberately promoting the privatization of water services as one of the conditions imposed as part of the rescue plans, it acknowledged in a letter to civil society groups. The direction of European Commissioner Olli Rehn responded to questions in an open letter, written by civil society organizations, regarding the role of the Commission in the Troika's privatization obligation imposed on Greece, Portugal and in other countries. Today, in a second letter to Commissioner Rehn, the organizations demand that he "henceforth refrain from any pressure imposing conditions for the privatization of water".

The strong support of the Commission for privatization goes against the growing tendency in Europe and elsewhere to note that privatization does not necessarily deliver the announced benefits. Paris and other cities have recently re-municipalized their water services due to bad experiences with privatization. In 2004, the Dutch government passed a law prohibiting the delegation of public water service to the private sector and the Italian Constitutional Court ruled that any future legislation attempting to privatize public services would be unconstitutional.

In its response, the Commission did not put forward any argument to support its position, despite the fact that research shows that public services are often more efficient than those in the private sector. It also violates key articles of the European Union Treaty providing for its neutrality regarding the regime of ownership of water services [1].

Some MEPs have already asked the Commission a question asking for clarification on the contradiction between the recommendations of the Troika and the requisite neutrality of the Commission.

“It really shows how the Commission has lost touch with reality. Their ideological arguments are not based on proven facts and go so far as to ignore the democratic will of the people, ”said Gabriella Zanzanaini of Food & Water Europe.

“The Commission must explain itself on a number of points. Not only is there no evidence to support the idea that the private sector is more efficient, but there is also very strong public resistance to privatization. European citizens will not easily back down on this issue, ”said Jan Willem Goudriaan of the European Federation of Trade Unions in Public Services (EPSU).

As movements across Europe intensify to combat the sale of public water, a first European Citizen Initiative has been launched to promote the implementation of the right to water for all in Europe and so that water supply and management of water resources are not subject to “internal market rules” while being excluded from liberalization.

[1] “Neutrality” on the issue of public or private ownership of water services is presented in article 345 TFEU and Art. 17 1 of Directive 2006/123 / EC on services in the internal market

Source: http://actuwiki.fr/eco/1154

Press release: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... tQij59.pdf
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/13, 17:53

What a cons!

If there is a place where you should not privatize it is there!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/02/13, 18:18

private companies are good when there is real competition ... for water there is only one pipe ... no competition possible

therefore since person will have no choice of water supplier it must remain a public service

we can clearly see that the city where the water service is still public and the water is the cheapest

we also see the paddle made by pseudo liberalism on the telephone or electricity where there is also only one network

it is still justified better for electricity or competing company peuven, t sell energy of different origin even if it is distributed by a common network ... the electricity of wind turbines is not polished passing through same network as nuclear electricity

for water maintaining quality is serious work, which involves all the development of the territory: therefore the state!

will the person have the choice of the water supplier? except except for me like me who no longer have a water meter and who is satisfied with the water falling from the sky
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/13, 18:30

This has happened in some big cities of France during the last 10 to 15 years: before the water was managed by the commune (water municipalities) the rates were stable and low then political lobbying was done to privatize (Suez , Lyonnaise des Eaux, Générale des Eaux ...) ... prices have since soared ...but gradually enough so that the general public does not feel too fucked up ***! There are good files on it at UFC and INC I think ...

For example: here we all pay € 1 / m3 of treatment / sanitation even if we are not connected to the main sewer (4 € / m3 in total). Prices have increased by 35% in 5 years (Less than € 3 / m3 in 2007).

Did you say generalized (water) scam? Yes sir!

So in the economic sense the EU's "technocrats" are right: privatizing water would create more wealth (trade margins), taxes on public finances ...

It is nonetheless a scam ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/13, 19:37

: Shock:

We pay here for drinking water from the network $ 0,537 or 0.398 Euro!

It does not affect me because I have a well but we will end up taxing us!
0 x

Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/13, 19:39

When I tell you about a scam it's not for nothing! Here, we start to get swollen at all levels (it gets worse at all levels) and it starts to run on the serious bean there ...

André had told us that he didn't even pay for water at your place (Quebec for the unaccustomed) because no meter ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/02/13, 19:56

some ten years ago in malbuisson in the doubs there was no water meter ... the water was abundant and usable without treatment ... the cost price of a connection of water it was only the price of the pipe ... no need to add the price of a meter ... of course they ended up putting meters and a non-zero water price because otherwise with the increase of the population and a zero price which does not motivate to avoid waste it would not have been enough
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/13, 20:07

Christophe wrote:When I tell you about a scam it's not for nothing! Here, we start to get swollen at all levels (it gets worse at all levels) and it starts to run on the serious bean there ...

André had told us that he didn't even pay for water at your place (Quebec for the unaccustomed) because no meter ...

It is true that there is no meter in all cities but we install it in new cartiers and also in several cities that do not have it because there is too much abuse and I am not if we paid the m / 3 $ 3 that there would be as much that would wash their driveways with a garden hose!

I have a well and my greatest consumption of water is for the greenhouse in summer which I sprinkle under a film to avoid evaporation so this water returns to the soil to replenish the water table.
0 x

Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 25/02/13, 21:46

slut,

there was a topic on Fi:

http://www.franceinter.fr/emission-serv ... -quel-prix

interesting and informative ...

water is the last lobby missing for complete control of human life ....

in my house, it is the municipal authority which has managed since then, it is 2.8 app / m3, the employment service of people from a municipality for everything, meter, maintenance etc, the investments are self-subsidized etc etc ...

Water has lower pollutant rates than all the standards imposed and provides a pollution statement with each invoice ...

Small detail your tax in the sewer is calculated on your water consumption;) ...

I would like to see that he tries to impose a private service here lol, I put my hand to cut that there is going to be so much mess that the idea will not pass or will be withdrawn will be the exception; ) ... view that a 10 terminal has the typical counterexample with almost 6 euros / m3 sold and maintained by veolia of course ... for water that is absolutely not of better quality ...

They are crazy these Gallic ... long live tank storage;) long

http://www.eautarcie.com/ :)
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/13, 22:47

Veolia is settling more and more here and buying all the competitors but they are not doing well among the population.

I wonder if there are not brown envelopes on their part to the elected officials because new standards eliminate small competitors but these standards have nothing to do with the quality of service.

They are fined regularly all over the world!

http://www.lesaffaires.com/secteurs-d-a ... out/538150

http://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/entrepris ... 79181.html

http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.n ... au-abusive
0 x

Alain

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "