"Carbon neutral" wastewater treatment plants

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

"Carbon neutral" wastewater treatment plants

by moinsdewatt » 04/11/12, 12:15

Aquaviva, one of the first "carbon neutral" wastewater treatment plants in the world!

Inaugurated on October 18, 2012 in Mandelieu-La Napoule (06), Aquaviva is one of the first “carbon neutral” treatment plants in the world. The Intercommunal Syndicate of Unified Sanitation of the Cannes Basin (SIAUBC) wanted this station to also be equipped with the latest technologies in terms of wastewater treatment. Lyonnaise des Eaux and Degrémont, subsidiaries of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT, responsible for the design, construction and operation of the station met this expectation.

PRESENTATION OF AN ICONIC PURIFICATION STATION
With a treatment capacity of 300 population equivalents, Aquaviva treats the wastewater from eight municipalities * in the Cannes basin and replaces on the same site, the old station whose capacity had become insufficient.

A carbon neutral treatment plant: how?
The energy efficiency of the building is made possible by the installation of 4000 m2 of photovoltaic panels, producing 280 kW of electricity each year and by using heat pumps to recover calories from wastewater.
In addition, the measures to optimize energy consumption, the industrial processes for the production of renewable energies deployed, as well as the on-site production of dried sludge that can be used as forestry fertilizer, allow Aquaviva to display “carbon neutrality”.

A "zero nuisance" factory, landscape, smell or noise
Aquaviva has been designed to integrate perfectly into the landscape, especially with plants and trees of local essence. It is equipped with innovative technological processes to minimize odor and noise pollution.

A membrane treatment to restore optimal quality water to nature
To protect the marine environment from any health or environmental risk, the municipalities wanted to equip themselves with a treatment plant using the best technologies in wastewater treatment. The design of Aquaviva is based on the technology of ultrafiltration by membrane bio-reactor (BRM) developed by Degrémont. It offers a very thorough depollution of wastewater and thus control of the health risk. The purified water can then be reused as "secondary" water for watering green spaces, the plant's process water, cleaning roads or reaching the sea.

* The 8 municipalities that treat their wastewater at Aquaviva are: Auribeau-sur-Siagne, Cannes, Le Cannet, Mandelieu, Mougins, Pégomas, La Roquette and Théoule sur Mer

http://www.lyonnaise-des-eaux.fr/actual ... e-au-monde
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 04/11/12, 21:56

And how much does this wonder cost in subsidies from our taxes?
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 05/11/12, 17:31

BobFuck wrote:And how much does this wonder cost in subsidies from our taxes?

well I imagine that it costs the inhabitants of - Auribeau-sur-Siagne, Cannes, Le Cannet, Mandelieu, Mougins, Pégomas, La Roquette and Théoule sur Mer - on their water bill.
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 05/11/12, 18:00

You should know:

- either it is an ecologically efficient thing and not too expensive (let's say with a reasonable additional cost compared to a lousy and stinking station) and in this case, we all write to our mayors to suggest the idea

- either it is as usual a nameless mismanagement ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/12, 18:26

BobFuck wrote:- either it is as usual a nameless mismanagement ...

Because you think that conventional stations are not subsidized maybe?

Subsidized, built with public money (more or less local) and then operated by private companies listed on the stock market ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/11/12, 19:27

I am in charge of the treatment plant of the factory where I work and I can assure you that the usual method with feric sulfate (coagulant) and polymer is very expensive to operate and does not reach this degree of filtration.

Do not panic about the cost of this process unless the filters are not reusable!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "