Pump problem to collect rainwater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
pb tank
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pump problem to collect rainwater

by pb tank » 22/04/11, 12:41

Hello everyone,
I contact you because I have a problem with my rainwater tank; voila, i bought a pump with suction hose, i put water to prime it, it worked for 15 seconds then after nothing came out, i tried to do as little elbow as possible with the hose, pump very close to the buried tank, but nothing helped, I already tried with an old pump (last year, it did the same, it seems that the little water that came out is that that I put in the pump to prime it, thank you for helping me because with this dryness, the water which is in my tank is of very great use to me
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 22/04/11, 14:36

How high between the water and the pump inlet?
If more than 7m is not worth hoping for anything, you need a submerged pump.
Otherwise the right approach is to have a strainer + non-return valve at the end of the suction pipe (it must be large enough and withstand depression)
It is then necessary to fill this pipe, to do this the simplest and to disconnect it from the pump and to "pump" by hand by shaking it up and down, thanks to the valve and with this movement, the water rises all the way. alone.
Then reconnect the suction hose to the pump with a fitting perfectly waterproof and we fill the pump body.
The discharge must be wide open, and free (the best is a piece of pipe which goes back into the tank)
It remains more than to start the pump, in principle with this method in 30s it is primed and you can use the water.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/04/11, 20:22

More practical information is needed:
which pump, which characteristics, which assembly, which difference in level, configuration, etc.
First try with a pumping can and little difference in level, you should see it working, no problem.
Try to understand with common sense, Archimedes, air remaining in the pipes, following the advice of Forhorse.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

pump expansion kit

by oli 80 » 26/05/11, 19:11

Hello, here is a component that I found in store and on the net, sorry for spam, it is an expansion kit for pump, but I do not know exactly what it is, I think it can be a small tank which acts as an expansion tank as on the booster groups

unfortunately there is not enough info on this component

I reissue my message
GUINARD expansion kit 86095022.
Avoids untimely starting of the pump in the event of micro-leaks in the installation.

Last edited by oli 80 the 26 / 05 / 11, 20: 23, 1 edited once.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

expansion kit

by oli 80 » 26/05/11, 20:26

here I reissued my message and I added a photo I deleted the non-functional link I went to the official website of this brand of pump but the site is faulty

I still found on the official website of this brand with its search engine https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... R2nktn.pdf
0 x
sophqua4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

rainwater management

by sophqua4 » 04/10/11, 12:16

Hello,

Why not opt ​​for a rainwater recovery system that a professional (choose one who knows about water management) can install you. To have taken this option, I can advise you:
http://www.label-eau-de-pluie.com/
http://www.arcadis-fr.com/Qui_sommes_nous.aspx
http://www.soluseo-enr.fr/solution-gest ... luies.html
0 x