Problem booster / Rainwater tank

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
ced59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Problem booster / Rainwater tank

by ced59 » 15/03/11, 18:25

Hello,

I ask you about this forum because I can not find any solution to my problem.

In fact, on a new construction I had installed a rainwater tank and my plumber put a bi-pass system with a booster to feed my toilet, washing machine and external tap.

My concern is:
the water is never taken on my tank (for over a year) and my booster is empty and never fills while indicating 1,5 b (without ever changing).

So I tried to close the arrival of city water and there the booster triggers and feeds the toilet but I have more water for the rest ...
By cons, if I do not cut the arrival of city water, toilets are fed by this city water and not by the booster ...

So I have to open and close the city water valve to use the water in the tank! it's not very practical to go to the toilet ...

My work supervisor can not find the solution and my plumber does not want to move when he is the one who made the intervention ...

So, I'm calling for your help.

Thank you and see you soon.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/03/11, 20:51

To read to you, you must have a small collection of errors.

Raise all the paths of the pipes with care, elements, valves, 3 ways valves, blowers, pressiostat etc ... on clear diagrams so that the errors are clear !!
Also note the electrical connections and controls used.
Ask your plumber for his diagram and how he manages the detection of city water and rain!
Otherwise we will only offer basic ideas in a vacuum.

It seems that city water is preponderant on the booster, or wrong setting of the pressiostat or control ??

Once with the exact schemas and known errors, the modifications can be made.

Help yourself and the sky will help you !!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/03/11, 21:25

I would say as deduced, the pressure of city water must be higher than that of the supresseur.
Anyway the installation is not very serious and the plumber is in trouble to work here because this installation is simply outlawed.
On this kind of installation it is imperative a disconnector, so if he put a simple check valve hello trouble in case of control.
0 x
ced59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ced59 » 15/03/11, 21:49

Thank you for your answers.

This is not attractive, so I will try to see with my builder to put pressure on the plumber (no pun intended) ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/03/11, 21:58

Before look at your installation thoroughly to trap him if he tells you about hackers !!
And demand real and clear plans that you can check and analyze !!
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 16/03/11, 08:16

hello ced 59
it would take a picture of the valves
0 x