microwave shower droplets (fog?)

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
dsgnii
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

microwave shower droplets (fog?)

by dsgnii » 12/11/10, 00:16

Hello,

I had heard of a shower system that would make a fog using very little water, some years ago, according to research on the internet it was a kind of electrolux competition, now we have strictly no news of this innovation, I already remember at the time that it bothered, I do not really know for what reason but it has been 3 years and still nothing, you have info here?

Using only 2 or 3 liters of water for a shower would really be a big step forward considering the average expenditure which is around 20 liters !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/10, 09:33

The proportion of savings seems a little important to me but why not?

I never tried the mist shower but I want to try the experience!

By cons personal I never heard of it so if you had some clues (google is your friend) it would help us see more clearly ...

As for disturbing, without going into the inventor's paranoia, it is quite possible that it blocks somewhere.

It reminds me of a case I heard over 10 years ago: an impulse fire hose (which burst the jet and misted much more than a conventional lance) allowing to save it seems to me more than 50% of water with equivalent "anti-fire" power ...

The firefighters who tested it were won over. It seems to me that she had even passed all the necessary tests and approvals ... Since then, we haven't heard about it ...
0 x
dsgnii
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dsgnii » 12/11/10, 10:22

Well the problem is there, in 2007/2008 I saw a program to present the things that we would use "later" and there was a presentation of that precisely, there by doing a search I could find it

http://www.gizmodo.fr/2007/11/28/presen ... rolux.html

with a very basic presentation, the guy is a young Brazilian, but who seems to have moved on to something else on his blog

http://joaodiegoschimansky.blogspot.com/

either it's still in progress and it filters very little ... or it was completely stifled, after I don't want to play the paranoia of the plot but a company buying a patent and locking it up is quite common, and I remember very well on the show that someone was talking about its design and it could generate other manufacturers ... after I do not remember more
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/11/10, 10:24

Christophe wrote:
It reminds me of a case I heard over 10 years ago: an impulse fire hose (which burst the jet and misted much more than a conventional lance) allowing to save it seems to me more than 50% of water with equivalent "anti-fire" power ...

The firefighters who tested it were won over. It seems to me that she had even passed all the necessary tests and approvals ... Since then, we haven't heard about it ...

If it is in service in private fire departments (refineries, tunnels, airports, boats ...) but it is mainly used for interventions where it is difficult to bring a large amount of water immediately on small fires Because on large fires it remains possible solutions considering the cooling can caused by the THP system on inflamed structures. There is also the danger represented by such devices under very high pressure and their resistance over time. Fire extinguishers have a service life of 10 years ... Quite often those stored outside have already been a problem before that with significant risks for an average user .. When you know the crap that some do with fire extinguishers in high schools or universities ... Imagine a session of hazing with a THP fire extinguisher ... You kill the person ...

Already on a ton pump truck it is more and more common to have HP groupsets (250bars) very efficient and economical on small fires. In addition they leave the place dry.

For the shower I don't know ... I never wash it is bad for the skin ...

http://www.oertzen-firetec.net/hdl-250/ : Mrgreen:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/11/10, 10:50

The "mist" shower, I don't know. :?
By cons I use the ecoxygen shower, it's a little surprising at first, but the economy is real, and now I do not notice the difference with normal showers.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/11/10, 11:07

This mixed air shower is very nice, I confirm :-)

There are also some with very fine streaks of water which almost makes a mist, but I find it less good because there is no longer the mechanical massage effect on the skin, but it is subjective.

However, the only good way to save shower water is to recycle it: we have all the technical means.

And as a bonus, we keep the thermal energy put in hot water to heat the house.
0 x
See you soon !
dsgnii
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dsgnii » 12/11/10, 11:17

Yes current equipment lacks integrated collectors, would be only the sinks / sinks which should all have a double drainage system by which we could choose to contain the water used (qd we only make it flow for example) to immediately re-inject it. I didn't know about the ecoxygen shower, I'm going to take a closer look.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/10, 11:19

Thanks for the Macro info !!

citro wrote:The "mist" shower, I don't know. :?
By cons I use the ecoxygen shower, it's a little surprising at first, but the economy is real, and now I do not notice the difference with normal showers.

No citro stp ad.

I tried a lidl model, I'm not convinced at all and for this to suck in air you have to increase the flow ... (venturi effect I presume) then it made a lot of noise, so bof .. .maybe the one you use works better but they look like 2 drops ... of water if I dare say :D

A flow reducer (or aerator) on the shower tap and with a classic economic pump (almost all of them are) does just as well, with added comfort ... this is what we have used for "always".

Regarding heat recovery from showers or other use of sanitary hot water, we have a few topics on it:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/recuperati ... t3674.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/recuperati ... t6546.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/siphon-ech ... t6804.html

And an academic report: https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -3985.html

Sorry for the HS ... continue in these topics on recovering calories lost from hot water. Thank you.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/11/10, 12:16

Christophe wrote:No citro stp ad.
OK :?
Christophe wrote:I tried a lidl model, I'm not convinced at all and for this to suck in air you have to increase the flow ... (venturi effect I presume) then it made a lot of noise, so bof .. .maybe the one you use works better but they look like 2 drops ... of water if I dare say :D
Yes it makes noise ... I got used to it. Maybe you did not try it long enough to be convinced ... I indeed wanted to buy the "real product" because I was afraid to come across a non-functional counterfeit as there are many in this sector of activity which is aimed mainly at housewives without technical analysis spirit and in need of good environmental conscience ...
Christophe wrote:A flow reducer (or aerator) on the shower tap and with a classic economic pump (almost all of them are) does just as well, with added comfort ... this is what we have used for "always".
Perhaps you have mounted your LIDL knob after a flow reducer, which must disturb its operation ...
Most shower heads argue about their water savings but remain very vague when it comes to figures. :x
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/11/10, 12:24

Christophe wrote:With regard to heat recovery from showers or other use of sanitary hot water, we have a few subjects on it: ...

The heat recovery was only a consequence of the recycling of the water, do not throw the baby ... with the bath water : Evil:

And I did not see a subject of the forum existing on this topic of discussion.

It would be much more profitable to keep a shower at high pressure, while recycling the water, which is generally not very dirty in a shower: a little shower product / detergent, which we could almost keep too moreover, a little bit of biological particles, and possibly a little of whatever we call "dirty" but which is most often only earth which feeds us elsewhere ...

I'm talking about recycling by function: keep the water in the shower for the shower, the water in the dishes for the dishes, ...
0 x
See you soon !