infrasound noise pollution!

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

infrasound noise pollution!

by bernardd » 31/12/09, 18:45

Hello,

Are you aware of infrasound pollution?

I recently encountered the case of a person who has this problem at home: infrasound of a few Hz (6 or 12Hz) with huge powers (100dB at the edge of the property).

It seems to be due to industrial fans.

The health effects are deleterious, but as it is invisible and inaudible ...
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrason
http://www.midi-plus.com/atexte/InductionPilote.pdf

Anyone have any ideas to have the problem corrected?

(or make an electric generator powered by infrasound :-)

And also a possible solution to be able to record these infrasound on a PC, in order to be able to detect them without having to rent very expensive devices?

Thanks in advance !
0 x
See you soon !
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 31/12/09, 19:04

Hello!
A few years ago, a building had to be completely evacuated due to tremors (which shook the structure a lot).

The phenomenon occurring only on this building, the thesis of the earthquake was immediately dismissed.
People even spoke of a "poltergeist" : Lol: , in fact after expert appraisals, it was infrasound produced by the ventilators of the building's ventilation system having resonated with the superstructure!
This shows the power of such emissions.
The problem was solved by simply changing the frequency of rotation of the fan blades.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/12/09, 19:23

Infrasound (if it is them) and sleep.

With some colleagues, whenever we have had the opportunity to approach very closely (adjustment / maintenance) a large gas turbine in operation, the very low frequencies stir / make the stomach vibrate very unpleasantly. The experience is fun for a few seconds but certainly not trivial since each night that followed ... it was impossible to sleep. : Shock: : Cry:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 31/12/09, 20:01

sen-no-sen wrote:A few years ago, a building had to be completely evacuated due to tremors (which shook the structure a lot).
The problem was solved by simply changing the frequency of rotation of the fan blades.

Thank you!

This is the source of the problem here too ...

Do you have a reference, please, to add an example to the file?
0 x
See you soon !
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 31/12/09, 20:06

Flytox wrote:Infrasound (if it is them) and sleep.

With some colleagues, whenever we have had the opportunity to approach very closely (adjustment / maintenance) a large gas turbine in operation, the very low frequencies stir / make the stomach vibrate very unpleasantly. The experience is fun for a few seconds but certainly not trivial since each night that followed ... it was impossible to sleep. : Shock: : Cry:

Indeed, it is not trivial, because if you look at one of the links that I had found, there are direct actions on the internal functioning of the brain and biological clocks.

The person who taught me this and who suffers from it has major sleep problems.

If the power is sufficient for you to feel vibrating in you, it must be enormous since that in addition it is inaudible. I have read that there could be serious problems if an organ has just this frequency of resonance, for example vascular problems in the brain ...

Again, would you please have medical testimony?
0 x
See you soon !
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 31/12/09, 20:23

I do not have precise information (exact modification on the technical level of the ventilos) on the case of which I spoke above.
This information was passed on to the news at 20 p.m.

Nevertheless, the problems linked to infrasound are perfectly measurable and known for a long time: they can range from the simple impression of presence (positive measures have been measured in so-called "haunted" castles) through nausea, and up to the syncope (Russia had studied their use as an anti-riot weapon).
In any case if there is a health problem, you must contact the public authorities to find out about the nuisance.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 31/12/09, 21:07

bernardd wrote:Indeed, it is not trivial, because if you look at one of the links that I had found, there are direct actions on the internal functioning of the brain and biological clocks.

The person who taught me this and who suffers from it has major sleep problems.

If the power is sufficient for you to feel vibrating in you, it must be enormous since that in addition it is inaudible. I have read that there could be serious problems if an organ has just this frequency of resonance, for example vascular problems in the brain ...

Again, would you please have medical testimony?

By questioning the medical service of the factory, there may be precise information ..... if the doctor is willing to give this kind of information ????
Usually it's more like a Diode, the info is only incoming :frown: (if we are not high in the hierarchy) ...... (fear of unions and having to recognize possible occupational diseases!?)
Last edited by Flytox the 01 / 01 / 10, 12: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 31/12/09, 23:06

Know that the occupational doctor only works for the boss and not for the employee.

And as Coluche said, if there is an occupational medicine, it is that work is a disease.

---
The gas turbine is for a standby generator, in the event of an EDF or UJP cut as is the fashion.

In my building there was a diesel group, compressed air starting.
When it started unbearable for the ears. Everything was trembling, and the body with it.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/01/10, 10:25

Hello,

Thank you for your information

sen-no-sen wrote:I do not have precise information (exact modification on the technical level of the ventilos) on the case of which I spoke above.
This information was passed on to the news at 20 p.m.

Do you have a memory of the place and the date?

sen-no-sen wrote:Nevertheless the problems linked to infrasound are perfectly measurable and known for a long time:

I discovered the problem a few days ago, which reminded me of Tintin and the sunflower case. And I discovered that it was not a RG ranting, but that infrared weapons exist and are even prohibited by a war convention, according to an article.

On the other hand, I have not directly seen the infrasound measured by the occupational health commissions ...

We can buy very expensive sound level meters, but if you had a track to measure this with a standard pc and a small assembly ...

sen-no-sen wrote:In any case if there is a health problem, you must contact the public authorities to find out about the nuisance.

Already done in the case that I discovered but no result: rather a diagnosis of "madness" on the complainant ... all the more upsetting.
0 x
See you soon !
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/01/10, 10:42

Hello,

Well agree on occupational medicine, Flytox and Gegyx. And not convinced that many of them have ever heard of the problem, otherwise they would be equipped with measuring devices ...

And you made me think of a case of discomfort in a hospital, old memory, thank you!

I looked for "marseille hospital malaise case" and found some links:

http://www.informationhospitaliere.com/actualite-8431-malaises-bloc-hopital-nord-confirmation-sick-building-syndrome.html

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6X0W-4RSHR6V-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1151718144&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=c9082b505ba4dd5ecd4f7b7baaeef069

[Url] http://lci.tf1.fr/science/2005-08/bloc-operatoire-hopital-nord-marseille-nouveau-ferme-4896042.html
[/ Url]
and especially http://www.invs.sante.fr/BEh/2007/15_16/index.htm

But I do not see cited at any time the possibility of the presence of infrasound and the interest of measuring them ...

However, in the hospital case, the summary states that the breakdown has been changed ...

So the infrasound problem really does not seem to be known! It must be said that if the sounds become known as a source of problems, from there that some generalize on other sound sources ...
0 x
See you soon !