Biochar interesting concept

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Biochar interesting concept

by bebeours » 12/02/09, 22:52

Here is a process that I saw in an "ecopolys" documentary on discovery last night. extract in english
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iJecHJ0idw
Biochar. An Australian managed to create a method for creating a natural fertilizer, destroying organic waste in industrial quantity, energy retrieve.

I did not find anything on the forum about biochar.
That sounds promising. And applicable with moderately heavy material without falling on a patent for technology to many attraction thousands of years.
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 12/02/09, 23:11

I forgot to add that much of CO2 contained in organic waste into biochar remains and becomes a way of capturing the CO2.

http://manx.wordpress.com/2008/12/07/la-sequestration-du-carbone-par-le-biochar/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/09, 23:21

She reinvented composting or biogas? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 12/02/09, 23:31

It is rather related ceci.

Keyword: Terra preta
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 13/02/09, 07:56

Elec wrote:Rather, it is related ceci.

Keyword: Terra preta

It speaks well of the same. I had not thought to do a search on terra preta

Christophe wrote:"Has she reinvented composting or biogas?"

I do not know if it has reinvented anything. It is rather an industrial process. And even here, enne did not invent anything. Pyrolysis, it's been a while that we know it by my house. Coking plants uses the same principle. Through the suburb of charleroi over a former gazeduc who was bringing the gas from the coke to a power plant. The catch is that the oven of the coking plant was powered by coal.
When I think that the coking plant Charleroi just closed and we could turn it into a recycling plant.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/06/15, 12:05

This thread on the biochar had turned short and it is regrettable given the interest of the subject; I wondered if since then some members of the forum practice or are interested in producing / using biochar?
Contrary to what has been said a little hastily above, biochar (charcoal contraction bio) is not a fertilizer, but by and large, a nutrient fixer, water and activator microorganisms.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/15, 12:21

Interested: yes !!!

during the expedition.

A think tank also ...

In connection (far) with our methanization station and by "analogy" and in connection with our production of "organic" hops and vegetables: idea of ​​seeing if we could develop flood-prone areas by growing fast-growing trees, pyrolyzing the wood and energetically recover the pyrolysis gas then recover the charcoal in a "terra preta-style compost" recipe.

We are 1 phase test compost mixed with coal (purchased; 30 tons - there is a commercial circuit in Germany). Currently, everything is in swath.

Spreading the organic hops after harvest in early fall.

Observations from next year ...
Last edited by Did67 the 19 / 06 / 15, 16: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/15, 12:25

Christophe wrote:She reinvented composting or biogas? : Mrgreen:

No. Nothing to do with the one nor with the other.

It is basically pyrolysis. But on the "coal valuation" side as "fertilizers", with effects that are sometimes still poorly explained ...

I think we are talking incorrectly about terra preta, which are black "fossil" soils, rich in C ...

It is at best, terra preta, "canada dry"!

This does not mean that it will work. But I like clear concepts. No confusion (even for good causes). Especially if it comes to surfing fashions! [Like the waves: what is the best way to break the mouth, drinking the cup; and anyway, it never goes further than the wave!]
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/06/15, 14:14

I'm tempted by a modest production of charcoal to feed a small forge that I just briefly restored; Moreover, this would venture to produce biochar (it is inevitable anyway to collect the dust tank bottom) to experiment ,.

Another point that interests me is the possibility of using a rocket stove to start the pyrolysis can recycle the reaction gas.
A little skeptical at first about this rocket stove system, I think after examination that it offers a lot of possibilities and that it is really worth experimenting with a slightly evolved prototype that optimizes combustion (there are versions that heat up, certainly, but which seems to me all the same a tad "dirty") ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"