Pollution from diesel particles

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Pollution from diesel particles

by jean63 » 06/02/06, 09:17

Extract from recent econology news : Arrow:

https://www.econologie.com/

Respiratory toxicity of diesel particles - by Christophe 24 / 01 / 2006: 12: 50

Air quality has become a major issue in the environmental policy of industrialized countries.

Indeed, a set of presumptions, based on epidemiological studies carried out over the last twenty years, makes it possible to establish a probable relationship between certain pollutants such as atmospheric particles and mortality or morbidity of respiratory and cardiovascular origin.

However, it is not always easy to establish a clear causal relationship between a given pollutant and a health effect. Diesel particles have been rapidly implicated in the worsening of respiratory diseases such as asthma, as their small size allows them to access the deep lung.

Recent experimental studies have shed light on the molecular mechanisms underlying the inflammatory response induced by these particles. These could go through the production of activated species of oxygen that play a central role, currently recognized, in many diseases.

I read somewhere that the particles emitted by recent engines Hdi, even with catalyst and particulate filter emit these fine particles dangerous? So, if this is the case, why continue to develop diesel + in France, except that it sends slightly less CO2 in the atmosphere than other fuels :?:
What is the policy of other European countries in this area? :?:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 06/02/06, 09:44

It seems that the smaller the particles, the more dangerous they are, if in this article (in English):
http://www.greenfacts.org/air-pollution ... /index.htm

I quote the conclusion:
At current ambient concentrations in Europe, exposure to particulate matter can affect the lungs and shorten life expectancy by a few months, mainly in pre-existing heart and lung diseases. Both coarse and fine particles cause harmful health effects, fine particles (especially the ultrafine ones) tend to be more dangerous.

After, in terms of whether the hdi / dci and company make finer particles ... hard to say but it's plausible!
jean63 wrote:So, if so, why continue to develop diesel + in France, except that it sends slightly less CO2 in the atmosphere than other fuels

Well maybe just because France has always massively privileged the truck for the transport of land goods ... (could turn them to the hvb!). In any case I think part of the explanation.
jean63 wrote:What is the policy of other European countries in this matter?

No idea !
Last edited by Rulian the 06 / 02 / 06, 10: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/02/06, 09:48

HVB .... yes, but I think it also sends particles, I read that somewhere.
We should find the articles, but Christophe must have all that.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/02/06, 09:50

By the way, by clicking on your address, I do not get the article in question or in English, nor in anything at all :!:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 06/02/06, 10:38

Yes, excuse me, I'm gutted in the link. Here is the good one (and also repaired on the original message):
http://www.greenfacts.org/air-pollution ... /index.htm
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/06, 11:58

But what are you talking about?

The diesels are perfectly clean thanks to miraculous particulate filters! It's marked everywhere! : Mrgreen: In addition it is a French invention! What do you want more ? The moon ? : Mrgreen:
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 06/02/06, 12:04

I do not have on my car and the last CT before pantonisation I was at 0,23 opacimeter ... it's serious doctor? : Cheesy:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/02/06, 12:39

lau wrote:I do not have on my car and the last CT before pantonisation I was at 0,23 opacimeter ... it's serious doctor? : Cheesy:
The measuring devices of the Technical Control Centers do not normally measure below 0,5 ms-1 ...
Where did you go to measure?
Can you scan it?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 06/02/06, 14:17

Autovision
Last edited by lau the 06 / 02 / 06, 23: 26, 2 edited once.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
The Passing

by The Passing » 06/02/06, 14:26

Econology wrote:But what are you talking about?

The diesels are perfectly clean thanks to miraculous particulate filters! It's marked everywhere! : Mrgreen: In addition it is a French invention! What do you want more ? The moon ? : Mrgreen:

If it is so clean and miraculous, what is our government waiting for to offer a tax credit on the installation of a replacement APF on all diesels already in circulation then? Then the circulation of non-FAP'ed diesels from 2010 is forbidden.

: Evil:
0 x