Request for information: make a hybrid car

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Request for information: make a hybrid car

by Blackberry » 06/06/09, 11:52

Hello everyone and congratulations for this site.
Here are several questions I would like answers to:
I have a 15kw genset and would like to power an 12kw electric motor directly to run a car without a license (the old heat engine being removed), and without using batteries! knowing that my group consumes very little fuel.
I would like to know if I have to use an AC or DC motor?
I wish I could increase and fuck my engine speed what do I need?
I would like to know what is needed as electrical equipment between the engine and the generator.
My speed I would like to reach is 100km / h believe that this is possible with a 12kw engine (if you have a French sales site and the ideal engine type I would like you to give me the address ).
Thank you all for this information which will be very valuable to me because I admit that I swim in electricity lol.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 06/06/09, 12:04

Hello
you will have a lot of loss, the output will really rot and you almost double the weight of the engine.

Your consso sation will be more important than the original one.
as much put directly the engine on the car ...
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Thank you for your answer

by Blackberry » 06/06/09, 12:08

can you explain to me how I would lose power if my group provided 15kw and my engine consumes 12kw it can not run?
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 06/06/09, 12:50

it will work but it will consume much more.
I did not talk about power but performance ...
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

OK

by Blackberry » 06/06/09, 12:53

as I am hyper novice in electricity can you explain to me what you mean by performance? , my group can run on fuel so fare level compared to diesel I'm a winner, what losses will I suffer exactly? can I power my engine through batteries if I have to?
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 06/06/09, 13:11

if you have a French sales site and the ideal engine type I would like you to give me the address).
Thank you all for this information which will be very valuable to me because I admit that I swim in electricity lol.

given the price of elec + equipement engine and given the complexity of the project for a punt result I recommend you rather sell your group 15 kw (beautiful piece) and buy a thermal engine of origin that you can possibly inflate or buy a cart complete occas.

a group 15 kw diesel ca is already worth ...

in addition you are not allowed to ride with a vehicle as modified

I am sorry not to answer your questions but I avoid wasting time on such an unviable project.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 06/06/09, 14:13

Blackberry

What budget do you have?

Can you give me the model of your generator?

As Budka mentioned it will be a little complicated to transform all that.

If you use accumulators, it becomes very complicated, you must use a charger and a DC controller and a DC motor, so we quickly forget this solution that becomes too expensive.

In the case of direct use in AC it is relatively simple if the generator is three - phase, you use an AC control directly coupled to the generator, which is coupled directly to the motor.

Here is a link of motor and controller:

http://www.leroy-somer.com/index_fr.php

You can give them your use, the voltage and the power you want and they will advise you on the control and the engine to use, they will provide you the price and the distributor for your sector.

Do not forget that you have to use a controller more powerful than the engine because of the very variable load of your project, 20 Kw for a 12 Kw engine.

Do not hesitate to ask questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
:D
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 06/06/09, 16:37

thank you alain for your explanation, I send you the technical report of my group:
Frequency (Hz) 50
Continuous Power (VA) 12000
Max power, peak, (VA) 15000
Rated Power (V) 2x 230VAC
db 105

Cylinder capacity: 1105ccm
Rotations per minute 3000
Electric starter
SAE 10W / 30 Winter / Summer Engine Oil
Contents of the tank (l) 14
Duration of use with a full, 7 hours
Control Display 380VAC, 1x 12VDC, 1x Voltmeter, FI-Switch, Surge Protection.
Noise: 105 dB (A)
Gross Weight 310kg
Dimensions in cm 1400 x 720 x 1100

can I run a motor in AC with this generator, can you turn the DC current because if I'm not mistaken is the continuous coming out of a genset? AC three-phase thank you for your answer and if you know the material needed for this transformation could you give me the details thank you.
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 06/06/09, 16:44

I'll see some more details about my generator.
I can make it work with three-phase as the information statement of the device says, I send you the link and you will tell me what you think of it.
http://www.bc-elec.com/GENERATEURS-ELEC ... ,4140.html

Do you think I can run my 12kw engine? and is that my three-phase motor will work live on it?
thank you for your answer for an ignorant who tries to see more clearly.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 06/06/09, 19:34

Hello lamure!

You must get a 380 volts speed control of 20 amps which should be enough and connect it directly to the generator, the output is directly connected to the motor.

Note that I doubt the economy compared to a powerful diesel engine today, but it is possible that the performance is a little improved but that the maximum available power will be much lower than a normal car when climbing of a particular rating.

Must see.

You have to make an adapter for the transmission and a fixing plate, all 2 can be done in a workshop of your corner.
The pedal must be modified to receive a potentiometer normally supplied with the control, you can also fix it at the end of the throttle cable which is easier to manufacture.

For the control inform you at a supplier of electric motor of your corner.

It is quite simple sum of frabrication but you must have some knowledge in mechanics, for the programming of the control you can be assisted by the salesman of control, you only have to pay that the control which can vary between 400 and 800 euros.
:D
0 x