Heat2Power, the performance of thermal engines passes 40%

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Capt_Maloche

Heat2Power, the performance of thermal engines passes 40%

by Capt_Maloche » 28/04/09, 23:53

read on the last Science and Life (p86) of May 2009

Heat2Power recovers residual heat lost from engine exhaust

http://www.cleantechrepublic.com/2009/0 ... s-moteurs/

At the beginning of his work, Randolph Toom, General Manager of Heat2Power, would have been content to adapt an existing thermal regeneration technology. However, none of the 40 processes analyzed, such as the Stirling engine or Rankine cycles were adaptable to current vehicles.

Meanwhile, Heat2Power will already equip in the coming weeks a generator of 480 KW feeding a supermarket. The technology is expected to save 12% on 60 000 liters of fuel consumed each month. A great performance for French innovation, which represents a real tool for reducing CO2 emissions. Especially if one adheres to the point of view of Randolph Toom for whom the engine is not ready to abdicate. "The electric is a little flexible technology and really expensive. The hybrid is close to our performance, but the extra cost on a vehicle is of the order of 3000 euros against 400 euros for our module. With Heat2Power, the debate on the automobile of tomorrow has a new spoiler.

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 29/04/09, 07:55

If you understand how it works, I want an explanation : Cheesy:
this process proposes to recover the residual heat lost by the exhaust of the engines to transform it into useful power. What improve the performance of our vehicles and therefore reduce their CO2 emissions.
Their research leads to a module connected to the motor by means of a belt or a gear. Thermal energy is extracted from the engine exhaust by means of a heat exchanger. The latter is placed after the catalyst (for petrol vehicles) or after the particulate filter (for diesel vehicles).
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 29/04/09, 08:45

yeah, blah.
nothing revolutionary.
conventional thermal machine: compression, heat supply, relaxation except that the heat supply is made by the exchange with the exhaust gases.
about ten% improvement in efficiency, in my opinion it is in the best of cases when the gases are very hot, that is to say in certain very specific configurations of engine load.

and as always, performance is not everything. it is better to spend 2 liters per 100 with a small not very powerful engine and a light and aerodynamic vehicle than 8 L / 100 with a super performance with a large vehicle of 2 tons and a mega large engine equipped with such a system.

that reminds me of cadillac greenwashing with their large hybrid 4x4.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 09:38

Super and how does it work? What is the principle? It looks more like a heat exchanger (catalyst) than anything else: what if it catalyzed the exhaust gas to crack it?

For 400 €, do not believe that there is a "complementary" thermodynamic cycle ...

S & Pipo true to himself: if it comes from an industrialist, is it that it works on word? There is no Science in it ... it's propaganda! : Evil:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/04/09, 11:25

Well, in the S&V article, they indicate that a generator set has already been working since February 2009 with this system and that the observed saving is 12%

Still

The system uses an exchanger on the exhaust after the catalytic filters and / or FAP which is used to heat a circuit of fresh air to exploit the variations in volume (of this heated air)
LIKE A STIRLING

Energy is transmitted to the engine through a piston cylinder assembly connected by a disengageable chain on the engine shaft. We can clearly see it on the diagram above.

No other info for the moment
Heat2Power wrote:“Electricity is an inflexible and really expensive technology. The hybrid is close to our performance, but the additional cost on a vehicle is around 3000 euros against 400 euros for our module ”
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 11:29

Capt_Maloche wrote:Well, in the S&V article, they indicate that a generator set has already been working since February 2009 with this system and that the observed saving is 12%

There are GPs that have been running since 2001 with much better results ... but it's less "pro", less "clean" and above all "public domain and open source" ...

Here is the latest news from ecopra:

Scania euro 5: -18% consumption

https://www.econologie.com/forums/gillier-pa ... t4456.html

Capt_Maloche wrote:The system uses an exchanger on the exhaust after the catalytic filters and / or FAP which is used to heat a circuit of fresh air to exploit the variations in volume (of this heated air) ALL LIKE A STIRLING

I understand nothing ... it is a separate stirling or a turbine or what?

Capt_Maloche wrote:Energy is transmitted to the engine through a piston cylinder assembly connected by a disengageable chain on the engine shaft.

And you think that for 400 € you have a motor + high temperature heat exchanger?

It stinks of poison once again in Pipos & Vie!

For 400 €, I think that there is no heat-force transformation in the system and that it resides 100% in chemistry ... can be inspired by doping with self gene water elsewhere ...

Does that remind you of anything?

Sorry Maloche, this has nothing against you but I'm fed up with the scientific and sensational pipos of S&V ... with nothing behind!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/04/09, 12:10

It's just like a Stirling

On the price side, in fact it seems underestimated, an exchanger + pipes (exhaust modification) + piston cylinder block + air conditioning compressor type clutch + chain link + regulation it should rather be around € 1000 in cost excluding assembly

Now just wait to see

and that does not prevent doping with water vapor

Perhaps the two combined could increase the yield to 50% :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 13:37

If there is an engine, I think that by saying 1000 € you're still "nice" with S&V: have you seen the price of stirling engines? It's so expensive that no one makes it (or almost) ...

It reminds me of BMW Turbo Steamer et https://www.econologie.com/bmw-turbostea ... -2474.html

They at least were honest by announcing significant additional costs reserving this technology to the top of the range of BMW (car at 100 € what :D) if it ever comes out !!

Read the analyzes I did at the time in the second part of this article: https://www.econologie.com/bmw-turbostea ... -2474.html

400 € is the price of the exhaust pipes that we see on the image of S&V ... : Cheesy:

So it's intoxicating ... S&V no longer has any scientific credibility for me ... they can continue in their scientific sensationalism but in this case they should change their title, I advise them: Sensationalism & Life ...

ps: it may still be doping :) in this case 400 € would be possible ... : Cheesy:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 29/04/09, 13:59

Christophe, it's explained on their site, it's not chemical, it's thermal with compression, heat supply, relaxation: thermodynamic cycle and the price is actually not credible
performances are only half.
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 14:07

Uh, but which site? : Mrgreen:

Ah I found: http://www.heat2power.net/en__principle.php

Hey Maloche, this is not the place to start!

Are they putting pressure back? And how do they go from 2 exhaust to> 20 engine bars?

Must intervene on the exhaust line and probably the cylinder head and software reprogramming ...

It's all the more ridiculous to announce a cost of 400 € ...

I'm VERY mad at Science et Vie there! : Evil:
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"