Fuel Saver: turbulence generator

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Fuel Saver: turbulence generator

by SixK » 02/09/05, 12:18

Small technical question,
does the turbulance generator improve engine power?
does that affect the richness of the mixture?

I would test this kind of thing on my mini-bike (pocketbike).
A small 50cc 2 stroke engine. but that is only of interest if I win
in power or in torque.

You have to put the generator between the carburetor and the engine, is that it?

SixK
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 02/09/05, 18:18

Hello, answer sixK

In all the assembly that I made of a turbulence generator, I lost on the maximum power, it is a compromise between doing a lot of turbulence which is detrimental to the filling at full power,
promotes burning speed and thermal efficiency,
Less turbulence with less inclined paddle results in a lack of efficiency at medium speed.
Regarding the richness which is good with an original system, with great turbulence we can impoverish it but all these terms are relative, the richness 1 / 14,7 is established according to the engines considered, the engines rarely work with a perfect blend they are less powerful for many reasons.
Regarding the 2 stroke, I never tried the turbulence generator on a 2 stroke. My opinion I advise against it because the 2-stroke engine and carefully study in its exhaust inlet and outlet
the piping is tuned with lengths and shapes to be effective over a speed range, this theory is a bit like that of pulsoreactors, if all is well tuned we could even do without doing the precompression in the crankcase, which we sum only used for start-up.
We have snowmobile fanatics, 120Hp to 150Hp they are specialized to traffic the engines it modifies the exhausts as well as the rotary valves the intake tubes. The consumption of these engines is very high.
Andre
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 05/09/05, 18:11

Hello ! I would like to know in which directions the turbulator is placed:
is it the leading edge of the compressor stage which is towards the intake (opposite direction of the turbo)?
or did you use the turbine stage (hot part driven by hot gases)?
can it put this before the injector throttle unit (panda 1000 injection) because I only have a slab of space underneath!
Subsidiary question: someone tested the cone of polarized copper wire after the air filter?
thanks and good luck !
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/09/05, 04:11

Hello, SeB4 and binbin,

I installed a turbulence generator in a Jetta turbo diesel and I do not have the results yet, the test before was done with diesel and there it is 50/50 potato oil and diesel, it has 450 km from done it is 3/4 full tank. But that does not mean much the gauges one tends to go faster to exceed half, With the potato oil the dosage is measured fairly coarsely, (probably more Oil than diesel, the young will tame the approach cold nights) he tells me that it performs slightly less than with pure diesel, you must be close to full?
For us, the measurements will not be precise, because the potato oil is transferred with 5 gallon cans.
Binbin is your bubbler in operation?
Andre
0 x
seb4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by seb4 » 06/09/05, 09:44

Response to Irbelwind262:
The leading edge of the compressor stage is placed in the same direction as the turbo. Tapered part towards the air filter.
Regarding the wire cone, I heard about it, I am skeptical of the fact that there is only one terminal connected. To have.

Reply to André:
a complete response this afternoon with the consos.

@+
0 x
seb4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by seb4 » 06/09/05, 14:23

Hello everybody

It is with a big smile and an undisguised joy that I announce a gain on my consumption of:

I calculated, recalculated, took again my tables of mileage, and I find: ... 14% ...
It leaves you dreaming, not to mention that I had air conditioning throughout the weekend.

I confirm the words of André who tells us that the car "gallops". In fact, it is more easily carried along at medium speed without re-accelerating.
At high speed, there is indeed a minimal loss of power and at low speed, no change.

Thank you all and especially to Binbin4. The experiments continue.
0 x
MobyleX
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MobyleX » 06/09/05, 21:24

One question: the air turns in what direction in the end? Because I think it is necessary for the air to rotate anti-clockwise (when facing the engine, "coming" from the air filter) like a tornado or a siphon in the northern hemisphere.
0 x
Dream is real freedom, it is the hope, nobody can stop you.
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/05, 21:35

MobyleX wrote:One question: the air turns in what direction in the end? Because I think it is necessary for the air to rotate anti-clockwise (when facing the engine, "coming" from the air filter) like a tornado or a siphon in the northern hemisphere.

Perfectly and, as Rabbit would say, if the vehicle is oriented North-South it is necessary to reverse this direction and put an angular correction of 2 ° per ° of attitude ...

:D :D :D :D

Without dec it sounds like Pantone ....
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/09/05, 23:07

Hello
Stop tilting with the direction of rotation, on the Chevrolet Lumina there are 2 one per group of 3 cylinders one turns to the left and the other to the right,
The direction of rotation has only a small influence on the filling and emptying of the cylinder depending on the arrangement of the valves in relation to the exhaust pipe and outlet, although some have a common exhaust and intake pipe, which fact that no matter what direction it makes, it is not the direction which is important c, it is the number of fins, as well as the final angle which will determine at which regime this will be effective without penalizing too much at high diet,
the efficiency depends on the design of the engine, Each manufacturer makes compromises with the turbulence too much it harms the maximum performance not enough it harms the consumption, two contradictory thing besides the piston engine in full of contradictory stories, long race or super square, many cylinders or less, large short or long and narrow intake duct. it's always consumption versus maximum power per liter of displacement, you have to know what you want! I know what I want no matter how big it is with 1 liter this fuel how much HP I get out of this engine, the rest is tax for certain countries.

Andre
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 07/09/05, 13:28

Hello and thank you !
I repeat the end of my question: is the turbulator effective before the injection butterfly?
please
good luck !
0 x