Acetone in diesel?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bricolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Acetone in diesel?

by bricolo » 10/06/08, 18:58

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and I look like all of you, to save this fuel that costs us so much.
I tried acetone on a 406 SVDT 110 Ch, inconclusive result at all, a full 60 L makes me 2 weeks, and as I read somewhere that acetone was volatile (would hold 3 or4 days) , I think it has completely disappeared from the fuel well before the end of the tank.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/08, 19:17

0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 10/06/08, 19:29

tell christophe I can ask a silly question ???? :D

what is the interest of acetone ????
this product will disappear faster than oil ...
its use if it is not forbidden everywhere is regulated to encourage the finding of less harmful substitutes ...

the last time I bought it I lost an 1 / 2 hour at the checkout ..
Well, it's more on the shelf so you can check that you're not a kid who's going to take drugs with :D
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/06/08, 20:22

acetone is a product easy to manufacture: there is in the pyrolysis of the wood or the purification of the gas of gasogene to wood

so by not burning wood for its heating, but by passing it in a gazogene we can recover a little methanol and acetone

if the acetone can be mixed with diesel it's always taken: but do not put too much: it is not lubricating at all the injection pump will not like

but as acetone has a calorific value lower than diesel, I do not see why it would reduce consumption

pure acetone is very volatile, but a small amount mixed with diesel will never evaporate: think that we can mix a little butane gasoline and it does not even evaporate
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 10/06/08, 20:34

I confirm what everyone already knew, I'm con :D
I confused mainly aceton and trychlo .....
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/06/08, 09:03

chatelot16 wrote: if the acetone can be mixed with diesel it's always taken: but do not put too much: it is not lubricating at all the injection pump will not like

but as acetone has a calorific value lower than diesel, I do not see why it would reduce consumption

Exactly if we talk about it here https://www.econologie.com/forums/economies- ... 1-130.html the 8th message from this page with photos

Because a more volatile compound, whose T ° of auto inflammation is lower than that of diesel, allows to better vaporize the drops of gas oil

Besides on this subject, it would be good for "others" to do this little test, with acetone, with an EGR valve partially open continuously ...

Following the discussion on the existing subject please, this one is to lock
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 09:15

georges100 wrote:tell christophe I can ask a silly question ???? :D

what is the interest of acetone ????
this product will disappear faster than oil ...

The only interest is fiscal ... acetone is currently an indirect petroleum product even if we can like the chatelot do it from wood (but in this case bcp more expensive I think):

wiki wrote: Manufacturing

Acetone, formerly extracted from the pyroligneux resulting from the carbonization of wood, was then a product derived from acetic acid.

In 1915, Chaim Weizmann discovered an inexpensive way to get acetone from starch, which facilitated the production of cordite, an explosive. He negotiated with the government of Great Britain to obtain the creation of the state of Israel, which he will become the first president.

The most widely used method for producing acetone is the Cumène process, which makes it possible to manufacture it (as well as phenol) from benzene and propene. Global production of acetone is in the range of 1,5 million tons per year.

Pollution level, I have never really been for this solution (or rather this trick) although it is possible that the official additives of gasoline / diesel are worse ... We already know the highly carcinogenic benzene .. .
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 09:27

Capt_Maloche wrote:Because a more volatile compound, whose T ° of auto inflammation is lower than that of diesel, allows to better vaporize the drops of gas oil

For diesel, it would not also be related to the vapor pressure and the more flash (<-20 ° C) the lower acetone?

For gasoline it would be an anti-rattling since its autoignition temperature is 540 ° C against 300 ° C approximately for gasoline (cf https://www.econologie.com/les-carburant ... s-646.html )
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 12/06/08, 00:21

HU??

Acetone does not have a T ° of auto inflammation superior to the gas oil anyway?

you?

http://www.rockemat.com/upc/msds/French ... French.pdf
Flash point ° C: -17
Auto-flammability ° C 465

Ah well, who would have thought? :D on the other hand, the flash point is at -17 ° C, immediate inflammation!
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/06/08, 22:34

if acetone improves the spraying of the diesel in the injector it is little that the injectors do not work well

may be that acetone only improves the bad motor and that those who walk well are indifferent
0 x