New heavy-duty multi-fuel engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

New heavy-duty multi-fuel engine

by crispus » 20/05/07, 17:50

Hello everybody

A revolutionary engine will soon hit the market!

It is a multi-fuel engine: it swallows petrol, diesel, kerosene and even crude oil. But its designers made him taste brilliantine or even cod liver oil…

His advantages :
  • 20% more torque
  • 30% less consumption: the clear exhaust proves total combustion
  • Silence and flexibility (less brutal combustion)
  • Immediate cold start, at the lowest temperature, without any artifice
  • Nearly doubled lifespan due to reduced vibration and knock

It presents 3 essential innovations:
  1. The injection process:
    Only 5% of the injected liquid is brought to the center of the chamber to initiate combustion. The additional 95% is directed tangentially to the wall of the chamber on which the fuel spreads out in a very thin film. On contact with the hot wall, progressive evaporation occurs.
  2. Air intake:
    The volute or "spiral" which ends the intake manifold in the cylinder head gives the air a swirling movement, which continues inside the cylinder into the combustion chamber. The whirlpool of air sucks in the vapors and the mixing is done rationally without there ever being excess fuel.
  3. Multi-fuel engine:
    The injection pump features a pressure sweep to provide maximum power and continuous cooling to allow the engine to operate in hot climates regardless of the fuel.

And after that there will still be enough to criticize the assembly WITH, and say of the vortex admission "if it were true, it would know!" ".
Well it's true and "we" have known for a long time ... But "we" do not see it said.

I got you: the info isn't fresh!

This article is from a 20th century press review on the subject of petroleum and associated geopolitics.
Full review downloadable here. Attention: 68 MB!

We find there Mr. Chambrin and many others. I haven't gone through everything yet…

This article by Aurore dated 5/10/1958 on the Berlier "MAGIC" engine is still interesting.
After verification, the engine was produced and fitted, among other things, with military buses and trucks.

A search on "Berliet magic engine" will lead you to many pages of enthusiasts.

Of course we can think that some of these innovations have been taken "discreetly" in our "modern" engines, but we are entitled to ask some questions, right?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/05/07, 19:09

The horrible MAN trucks of the Belgian army bought during the 60s also had this kind of engine: they were even equipped with a heater which allowed them to run on melted margarine.
It must be said that the allies had almost lost the war 40-45 pcq refueling did not follow!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 20/05/07, 19:35

: Arrow: Yes, berliet multi-fuel engines have had their heyday. They had a certain reputation in North Africa.

In France, where the quality of the available fuels and the density of petroleum distributors did not justify their use ... they fell into oblivion.

Finally, these diesel engines appeared at a time when diesel engines for cars were almost non-existent and inefficient.
The advent of diesel in France dates from the mid-80s (1984) with the XUD engine from PSA mounted on the Peugeot (205-305-309-405 ...) citroen (visa, bx ...) talbot (horizon ) honda (concerto) lada (niva) and so on.

Otherwise, it is not uncommon for a revolutionary invention to be buried so as not to harm certain interests. I am thinking in particular of the gas boiler pulsatory we already talked about here and whose patents owned by ... ELF (wish ???) have only been used since they fell into the public domain. 25 years lost for the planet, the purses of consumers, but by that of oil tankers ...

: Evil:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 20/05/07, 21:22

Hello

if you want to see (buy?) yen is full which still turns in madagascar !!!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 21/05/07, 04:28

Hello

The advent of diesel in France dates from the mid-80s (1984) with the XUD engine from PSA mounted on the Peugeot (205-305-309-405 ...) citroen (visa, bx ...) talbot (horizon ) honda (concerto) lada (niva) and so on

Ho the young man, diesel in cars in France dates back to the 60s Peugeot 403 (auto in Colombo) the one who had an aluminum cylinder head you had to know how to tighten it, the fragile cylinder head gaskets ..
Many Indenor and Perkins transformation kits, he sold the adapter between engine and transmition to dieselise certain cars, such as the Chambord, Versaille, Fregatte, Renault large sows, and it even worked in red, not Bordeaux. damn old time ..

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/05/07, 08:21

Yes ! and in Belgium in the late sixties most of the taxis were mercedes 60D. The real craze for diesel seems to me to have appeared around 200-77 with the appearance of the Golf Diesel, which quickly equipped representatives and technicians.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/05/07, 09:53

The document is also available (for a while) on econology:

https://www.econologie.com/revue-de-pres ... -2890.html
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 21/05/07, 13:25

Christophe wrote:The document is also available (for a while) on econology:

https://www.econologie.com/revue-de-pres ... -2890.html

Thanks and a thousand apologies Christophe,

I asked myself the question because the subject was well related to the site. But I was too lazy to check :? : Oops:

It must be said that the site becomes "bushy", it is the price of success.

Several of these items deserve to be highlighted. But it is sometimes hard to decipher them when they are in the form of images, with a sometimes limited contrast for my poor tired eyes.

On the other hand, a press clipping seems to me more "credible" than a text, which may very well have been typed recently to "rewrite history".
Of course there are fakes, but it's still more restrictive to "make" a complete article on yellowed paper ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 22/05/07, 10:39

Was the Berliet multi-fuel engine that made me dream when I was young a diesel engine or a spark plug engine?
0 x
zac

by zac » 22/05/07, 11:15

Hello

a diesel

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.