Mythbuster video: acetone, magnets, hydrogen

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
frank
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mythbuster video: acetone, magnets, hydrogen

by frank » 01/09/06, 21:40

I just saw a mythbuster show where they tried the myth of the water car. they arrived at 2 conclusion: 1 we can without problem run a car on hydrogen if we inject it directly into the carburetor.
2: the production of hydrogen is not sufficient because it is produced by the battery.

but i could see their plen for a short while and i recognize them. these are stupid plans found all done on the net that I have myself on my computer .... its not worth 2 ball ..... but hey, at least I had proof that a car worked only on hydrogen. I mean, with a normal, unmodified engine. they were surprised by a flashback but nothing too nasty.

well that's all .. have a nice day ...

edit pas Christophe: the video in question is available here https://www.econologie.com/mythbusters-l ... -3652.html
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 02/09/06, 05:18

I love this show, however I had to miss this episode.
When was it broadcast?, Maybe I could catch a rebroadcast.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/06, 13:51

Uh, what channel is it on which time slots? I've never heard of it!
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 03/09/06, 08:37

you're talking about news!
You shouldn't drive too long at 100% hydrogen, your engine and exhaust could quickly remind you!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
frank
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by frank » 03/09/06, 19:12

well i'm canadian so it's not the same here as at home ... so for chain questions j, don't know ...
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 04/09/06, 02:45

Ah OK, it must be the new episodes so, I can't wait to see them.
In France it goes on discovery channel (available on canalsat)
http://www.discoverychannel.fr/mythbust ... ndex.shtml
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/09/06, 09:46

well, we knew that it was possible to run a hydrogen engine and that the battery was not enough to produce all this hydrogen.

It would still be time to classify all these engines according to their principle, their efficiency and their realism, in particular to enlighten journalists who write anything: they are paid only if they publish.

I propose the following temporary classification:

P: piston engines
R: rotary piston or near piston engines
T: turbine engines
B: burner system (which can for example heat water from a steam engine)

CI: internal combustion engines
CE: external combustion engines

1: conventional combustion engines: hydrocarbon + air
2: type 1 motors doped with water
3: type 1 engines boosted by a gas produced on board
4: type 1 motors powered by a mixture comprising more than 40% water
5: motors driven by a mixture comprising more than 80% water
6: engines powered only by water, possibly broken down on board with or without the addition of reagent or catalyst (maximum 2%)
7: engines driven by dense fuel (eg steam locomotive - coal)
8: engines powered by a fuel of biological origin (methane)
9: engines powered by an original fuel, neither petroleum nor organic (hydrogen)

RE: motor actually capable of driving a machine
NR: motor just capable of driving its rotation and its accessories

DE: developable with current technologies
OP: operational
CL: laboratory curiosity called to remain so

We still have to find a way to convert all the yield results into useful KWh / TEP used (so an engine running in pure water without adding any chemical would have an infinite yield). I recommend this notation because it is time that we realize with the help of figures of physical values ​​and not of fiscal value: some say that to run on petrol, costs more, but consumes less crude oil than diesel because of the taxation system.

It is obvious that this classification only concerns heat engines because a hydroelectric power station is a water engine! (mounting a water tower above a car may pose some practical problems :P )

Of course any contribution to this classification is welcome, please give a date to your contribution: (in this case 4/09/2006)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 15/10/06, 23:00

The episode in question was broadcast on Friday evening, rebroadcast today and will be rebroadcast again Monday 17 at 14:20 p.m., Tuesday 17 at 11:05 a.m. and Thursday 19 at 22:35.

I recorded it and watched it, they tested different economizer systems: Magnets, Acetone on car with carburetor and injection.
Then on the carburetor car they tested a supercarburetor (what is that?) And an electrolyzer.

No system has shown a positive result.
Their electrolyser was pitiful, it only made one poor gas bubble every 10s.

They made a can run the engine with hydrogen injected directly into the carburetor with a nice little explosion in the key :)

At the end, they still ran a diesel in frying oil.

I can share it on the mule if there are interested.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/06, 14:26

Possible to provide it to me for integration into the site? Can I provide you with a private FTP if you know how to use it? :)
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 16/10/06, 16:49

ok, i should be able to get by with ftp
0 x