Innovation: internal combustion rotary engine MYT

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Innovation: internal combustion rotary engine MYT

by lau » 28/08/06, 15:28

At equal power, 80% less parts! : Shock:
MYT engine
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 28/08/06, 15:50

This thing is bad. look at this comparative table between this motor and a standard motor !!!

There are still some interesting details:
  • power to weight ratio: 3000Hp / 75Kg for its engine against 350Hp for 175Kg for a standard motor,
  • 50 pieces for this engine against more than 3000 for the standard.
  • accepts bio-fuel like fossils

In short, what are we waiting for to replace our HDIs?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/08/06, 16:24

the system looks nice, although a lot remains to be worked out. apparently i have taken a look at google a lot of people are talking about it.

I did not find anything concerning the consumption
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 28/08/06, 16:34

elephant wrote:I did not find anything concerning the consumption

The only elements that I found are in this same comparative table (linked in my previous post):

Fuel Eficiency: veryhigh (less friction, etc.)

et
pollution: verylow (more complete combustion)

I suppose that if the combustion is more complete, consumption is reduced.

On the other hand, the consumption of the same engine will largely depend on the labor force demanded of it. The same TDI mounted on a Golf or a Sharan, for example will not have the same consumption at all (not the same weight, not the same S Cx, not the same tires, etc ...).

To make a real test of consumption (in l / h and not in Km / h), it would be necessary to mount this engine on a generator, for example, and compare its consumption with that of the original engine.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Innovation: internal combustion engine

by Cuicui » 28/08/06, 17:08

lau wrote:At equal power, 80% less parts! : Shock:
MYT engine

I watched the video. Very clever, the principle of this engine! It is the first time that I have encountered this principle of 2 motor elements whose rotational movement is irregular. The disadvantage, at first glance, is the shock that the rear element undergoes with each explosion. You need a solid ratchet to prevent the part from going backwards. What about wear?
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Innovation: internal combustion engine

by bolt » 28/08/06, 22:29

Cuicui wrote: The disadvantage, at first glance, is the shock that the rear element undergoes with each explosion. You need a solid ratchet to prevent the part from going backwards. What about wear?

good evening Cuicui
The rear element receives the same shock as the front element, for example: bumping if it is a cold diesel at full load (what we all know)

I think that the main drawback is that the force of the explosions is directly supported on the 2 satellite pinions (on which the connecting rods are fixed): hello the effort on the teeth of the pinions

For comparison, it would be as if, on a normal engine, for example a two cylinder, the crankshaft would be cut in half and would have a mechanical connection by return gear, imagine the efforts on this gear

the flywheel normally very strongly attenuating the bursts of explosions and of piston speed change, the transmission of movement after the flywheel is only an average torque, the manufacturers try to limit the maximum explosion pressure by compared to the effective average pressure to reduce NOX, but it is still enormous compared to the cycle average

But hey, I suppose that for this new engine, they had to put the "package" for the punctual efforts

For the ratchet that you propose, it is not necessary because in fact, at this moment there (the explosion which tries to make stop "the rear element") the position of the crank where the connecting rod is hooked is almost in face of the teeth meshing (satellite / sun gear) therefore: no non-motor (or anti-motor) torque
And besides, look carefully, it is even slightly powered: the piston (the rear element) recedes slightly during the explosion: the lever arm of the crank is a little longer than the radius of the satellite pinion
therefore at this precise moment, the 2 contadictory "pistons" generate a useful motor effect (not stupid besides: the longer lever arm), then, when the "2nd element" goes in the right direction, there it has a braking effect on the driving rotation of the motor

bolt
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 29/08/06, 16:46

This principle is a pleasure. Here is at least one guy who has understood what a lever arm is and the importance it has in an engine.

Not like in the HDI and other "classic" machines of our cars, with an old technology of more than 1 centuries whose architecture has never evolved in depth or radically.

The longer the lever arm, the greater the torque.
Euclid understood it very well at the time.

It will be recalled that the couple is expressed in Newtons * m.
These are moments, but the purpose is the same.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 29/08/06, 22:09

Very interesting indeed. There remain the sealing problems as in all rotary motors.

If not, when will it hit the market? The promising quasiturbine is still not there ...
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 29/08/06, 22:41

I have never looked into combustion itself, nor the optimal form to allow this combustion.

But in this engine, the farther you are from the spark plug t the less fuel there is to burn so logically less to unburn and efforts distributed with more utility (lever arm in the right place)?

no?
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 29/08/06, 23:09

Paldeolien wrote:This principle is a pleasure. Here is at least one guy who has understood what a lever arm is and the importance it has in an engine.

Not like in the HDI and other "classic" machines of our cars, with an old technology of more than 1 centuries whose architecture has never evolved in depth or radically.

The longer the lever arm, the greater the torque.
Euclid understood it very well at the time.

It will be recalled that the couple is expressed in Newtons * m.
These are moments, but the purpose is the same.

Are you sure that the manufacturers have not asked themselves the question, instead of transforming a translational movement into a rotary movement, this engine directly transforms combustion into a rotary movement?
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"