Request for advice to elders

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Request for advice to elders

by elephant » 28/07/06, 21:43

Excuse me for landing "as a new kid" in the forum : it's been a week or two since I scoured the French and English sites about electrolysis in order to realize myself also an experimental electrolyser.
So I went to see in my old courses and I think I understood why the electrolyser Meyer works (well) and probably that of Moreau

Neither obscurantism, nor pseudoscience, nor esoterism.

1) a Meyer cell is in fact a capacitor of 0,15 μFarad capacity consisting of the walls of the cell and a dielectric of approximately 1mm thick and a relatively large dielectric permittivity consisting of pure water. (relative dielectric permittivity of water = 80, dielectric strength 50 to 100 kV per centimeter, resistivity of the order of gigaohm per meter)
2) The reactance of a capacitor of 0,15 μF under 1 Mhz is of the order of 1 or 2 ohms (which gives us a good 10-15 ampere under 13,8 volts.)

Therefore, a priori live electrolysis of pure water under high frequency, which allows us to free the electrolyte and seriously simplifies the maintenance of the device. (Because, frankly, a stainless steel electrolyser that has a few hours of walking, it is frankly disgusting and at the price of platinum: have you already realized that 33 cm² platinum in 30 μ, requires a cm³ of metal, or 21 grams!)

This, in my opinion is far from the theories on the frequency of resonance of water. (She may exist, but we are not there)

Yes, but it would also be necessary to circulate the bubbles to extract the gas!

Ben, Meyer, it's quite simple: the walls of a capacitor attract each other: the cell behaves itself as an ultrasound transducer under the effect of the impulses of the THT. Beyond a certain voltage, it bypasses its capacitor and returns to zero. Under high tension, the forces involved are quite violent. I do not know how Moreau does, maybe he has placed an ultrasonic transducer in his device unless he is using an auto-transformer choke.

The breakdown of the voltage is now child's play thanks to the Mosfet power transistors whose performances make dream those who knew the first transistors in the 60 years. The control of the power transistors should be entrusted to more modern circuits than the 555 or 556, which ceiling at 200 kHz. A very simple multivibrator can be realized using an 4093, a capacitor and a resistor. (and why not a programmable circuit as suggested by the ASIC label that appears on the photos of Moreau's camera)

I join Moreau in his theories when he says he controls the thermal runaway, which can be done quite easily by decreasing the frequency when the current becomes too high, for example following a pollution of the dielectric electrolyte. I think anyway that an electrolyser must be equipped with a klixon security (as in dishwashers and washing machines) and a tear membrane and / or a pressure switch. the non-return valves seem to me useful too.

What I have not yet managed to determine is whether it is more interesting to put the cells in parallel, to increase the capacitance (capacitor) of the set and reduce the frequency of work or put them in series to benefit from the best efficiency electrolysis / losses joule effect obtained when electrolysis between 1,23 V and 1,47 V.

I'm not very convinced by this 1,23 V because in the tests that I did under pure direct current with electrolyte (2 28% NaOH), I get only bubbles from 2,2 - 2,3 V.

Now remains to find a simple and reliable way to prevent the Lambda probe from f ... the bren.

The exotic circuit of Meyer through an alternator seems useless and could be replaced by chokes under high frequency if the high voltage is essential (which I do not believe, otherwise the apparatus of Moreau would not work)

Well, shut up now the new kid, old gentlemen, what do you think of my prose?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/07/06, 21:47

OUps, sorry everyone, I was wrong button, the message was meant for "improved electrolysis". I invite you to continue the debut
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 29/07/06, 14:36

The discussion continues here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/electrolys ... t1228.html

I closed this thread.
0 x