Measure and monitor its car consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Measure and monitor its car consumption

by vttdechaine » 22/06/06, 10:45

Hello everybody

The measurement of consumption is probably one of the most important topics. You only have to see the long messages that have been exchanged on the subject "And aerodynamics?".
All our experiments, even qualities, can be partially altered (in good or bad) by the analysis that we will consumptions.
If this analysis is poorly done ... : Cry:

Here is the Excel file that I made for my Saxo fuel oil. I have another one in preparation (already well advanced) for my AX.
You can crush the data in every way! THIS FILE IS THE ONE FOR THAT! I did some graphs to give ideas but nothing really serious. I wait a little for someone to find the right method, I admit it, so that I can base myself on it : Cheesy: . We can then exchange the good ideas by email and put an excel base for download (econology ???) and this could probably make things easier for many of us.

http://site.voila.fr/vttdechaine/consosaxo.xls
0 x
Marty
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/06, 11:26

Good initiative on the other hand I do not understand the monstrous variation of consumption that you have at times (19 L ?????) Are you sure there are not some errors in your statements?

The pb with .xls is that a lot of people do not know how to use them I'll see if we could do this in .php

For my part I prepare an article on the theoretical conso "real" vehicles in order to find the speed of better performance vehicle-engine. In other words: how fast do you consume the least?
0 x
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 22/06/06, 16:39

Absolutely! 19 liters in Saxo oil!
I should have explained family reflexes: we fill up at least the cheapest. It has happened several times to make 1 see several full complement to go to a pump "less expensive".
So that we do 500 kms, we do a supplement of 10 liters the time to find a pump "cheaper": so "gross" we find 0.5 liters / 100
We redid 200 kms and we redo a complement (at the same time you will notice very low consumption of the order of 2 3 liters).
Finally, we find a pump "cheap" 50 kms further and we refuel completely: for example 40 liters. So we find 80 liters / 100 for this last one full.
It is for this reason that I made smoothing on 3 and 10 full to avoid these big variations.
For my other file (AX diesel) not yet available I made the calculations in another way and we see the variations according to the seasons or the load of the car (2,3 or 4 people).
I will slide this spreadsheet soon (I did the first 80 000 miles).
0 x
Marty
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/06/06, 17:21

Sorry, but this way of presenting is confusing.
With this habit and this exotic family reasoning to make small intermediate fillings, your "G" column is wrong, and does not fit much.
It is necessary to make a summation of your various intermediate additions of fuel, of your various journeys corresponding in km, and then to make the calculation of the consumption to the hundred, only after having carried out a full tank (that is to say, tank filled completely) ...
Even if you have 115 liters for 2000km, it will be more accurate than calculations that explain nothing, in this case.

To compensate for these aberrations now, you have to smooth on 3 (and if you do once, 5 intermediate fillers instead of 3, you have to change the exel calculations?), Then on 10, why not on 100, with always a margin of error ...

Ah, statistics! : roll:
0 x
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

stats yes but not anything

by laurent.delaon » 22/06/06, 18:04

Hello,
Congratulations for your move.

she has indeed a youthful error:
to standardize the monitoring here is what I propose

Date Mileage_totalizer Price_to_liter Cost_of_the

here is the basic info to take up.
From the distance traveled, the quantity of fuel, Then the graph of the distances traveled which informs about the performance of the system in an efficient way (but without taking into account the speed of the course ... of course!)
We can make grapihue consos 100km also useful.
By the way there is an excellent program called fuel which runs on Palm popur do all that and gives much more information (it is free).

This is what makes it possible to say whether we are progressing or not and to see the dispersion of measurement over a full (this dispersion makes obsolete the amateurs of fixed routes then full at the pump to evaluate the performances of a system of economy: one sees immediately that the scattering on several full full and so great that it is impossible to say even though on 1 / 4 of full !!! or less)

on the other hand we can still use the information on a single full of the moment that we have 5 or 6.

it appears then that it is necessary to do more 15% of economy repeats several times to affirm that it works (I shortened a little but in a nutshell it is that ...)
However, we can use the trends on a full (with caution)

here I think how to proceed
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/06/06, 00:14

I do not know how to send you one of my excel files for one of my vehicles.
I never made graphics, I just watched the board.
+ tabs for other fees.

History of confronting our steps ...
0 x
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 23/06/06, 08:50

Gegyx,

Yes, I am aware that this is very much perfectible. It is for this reason that I have made available raw data so that everyone can make their own modifications and computational experiments.
I think we're not the only ones to have good-bad reflexes : Lol: .
0 x
Marty
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 24/06/06, 22:15

Indeed, the file on the sax is questionable.

I join you mine, There are 4 vehicles:
A scooter 100cm3 2 time that does not roll anymore
A Ford galaxy or very few measurements have been made
125 scooter cm3 4t
Honda Civic 1.6l 110cv, vtec

You will notice that the consumption changes a lot but without modification of anything.

My file
0 x
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 26/06/06, 12:29

The only change is the use we make of it all the same.
0 x
Marty
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 09/10/06, 14:07

Hello everybody

I finished this time the table consumption of my old diesel AX (230 000 km). All raw data is there with a graph beginning on the first 80 000 miles. We can see there variations of consumptions (consumptions on 5000 kms between each points of the graph).
At that time, the journeys were identical and they will be long years. 5000 kms corresponds to approximately 1 quarter of journey.

There are seasonal variations.
In summer, therefore, we notice a lower consumption than in winter. This can be explained by several parameters:
- less cork
- vehicle then carrying only 2 see 1 only person (school holidays).
In winter consumption is more important
- plugs more common and lower speed sometimes not allowing to ride in 5ième (to add to a winter period sometimes rough: difficult to ride 90 in these conditions)
- ignition of fires
- permanently loaded vehicle (3 people)

Note that from May / June 1993, only 2 people will use this vehicle every day. It will be noticed that the consumption passes durably under 5 liters / 100.

I will update with more complete graphics.
Meanwhile, as for the excel file of the Saxo, everyone can download and crush this file as he sees fit to make his own experiences.
The goal is not to know if my graph is right or not. The objective is to have a table with raw data of actual consumptions so that everyone can apply their own experiments and a formula or a method to measure the progress of his (her) own vehicle (s) to the 'to come up.

Little server worries. I'll put the spreadsheet in a few hours.

Sincerely to all.
0 x
Marty

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"