Driving technique for braking in the city

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
μDriver
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Driving technique for braking in the city

by μDriver » 29/04/06, 20:18

everyone knows that braking and re-speeding is consuming an automobile, so here's something I'm using to not slow down or slow down for anything with every right-hand priority while keeping a secure one.
At the beginning of a crossroads or priority I hurry and put a foot on the brake in case ...
at the exit I re-accelerate and relax. This makes it possible to have no engine brake when you release a little accelerator and thus not to decell or very little during the passage.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: Driving technique to slow down in the city

by zac » 29/04/06, 20:36

μDriver wrote:everyone knows that braking and re-speeding is consuming an automobile, so here's something I'm using to not slow down or slow down for anything with every right-hand priority while keeping a secure one.
At the beginning of a crossroads or priority I hurry and put a foot on the brake in case ...
at the exit I re-accelerate and relax. This makes it possible to have no engine brake when you release a little accelerator and thus not to decell or very little during the passage.

if you start accelerating you will do wrrouum and that's it : Lol: and if you get stuck braking, you're going to stall :frown:
So I advise you to quickly go to the bike or failing to the car with automatic transmission : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
μDriver
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Driving technique to slow down in the city

by μDriver » 29/04/06, 20:48

zac wrote:
μDriver wrote:everyone knows that braking and re-speeding is consuming an automobile, so here's something I'm using to not slow down or slow down for anything with every right-hand priority while keeping a secure one.

if you start accelerating you will do wrrouum and that's it : Lol: and if you get stuck braking, you're going to stall :frown:
So I advise you to quickly go to the bike or failing to the car with automatic transmission : Mrgreen:
@+

nan there are also pedals : Cheesy:
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 29/04/06, 21:58

I have 150000km and I have never changed the brake pads that are still very good. I do, however, roads in France but I do not constantly put the feet on the brake at each turn and I often involve the engine brake often by anticipation.
I do almost all descents or pseudo descents in neutral, but it is true that you have to be more vigilant and have the habit; in this way the clutch does not suffer at all (false rumor), I save fuel. Beware for neophytes not to be in curves, we are often surprised by the speed.
My GP, in the old days, cut the contact outright, it was still the era of directions to insist and no steering lock or servo brake : Cheesy:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 29/04/06, 22:24

Houla, ride in neutral downhill I do not see how it can on the one hand save the brakes, clutch, and fuel.

For fuel: on my vehicle it consumes less in engine braking, since no more drop of gasoline is sent. While stalled, though, because of slow motion. I think it is the same now with all recent vehicles, gasoline or diesel (but I'm not sure).

For the clutch, not to wear it, during the starts it is necessary to skate it as little as possible, so start with the lowest engine speed possible (easy diesel with the couple), and when retrograde, it must accelerate before engaging, so that the engine runs at the same speed as the wheels, and so it skates almost no.

And for the brakes, during big descents in neutral it can only wear them since we have to brake if we take too much speed.

-----

I take this post to denounce the fact that the clutch pedal is an abuse of language! She should have been called clutch pedal !!

Well yes, when I press the brake pedal, it brakes, when I press the accelerator pedal, it accelerates, and when I press the clutch pedal, it does not engage, it disarmed!
0 x
zac

by zac » 29/04/06, 22:31

nlc wrote:Houla, ride in neutral downhill I do not see how it can on the one hand save the brakes, clutch, and fuel.

I take this post to denounce the fact that the clutch pedal is an abuse of language! She should have been called clutch pedal !!

Hello

totally agree with you; and I think for all these reasons we must remove (on cars) the left pedal : Mrgreen:
0 x

nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 29/04/06, 22:33

I turned all the pedals, now I go to the taf on the bike !!

All benefits: for the planet, for my health, and for my wallet !!
0 x
zac

by zac » 29/04/06, 22:52

Do you have a bike without pedals? : Mrgreen:
0 x

nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 29/04/06, 22:58

: Lol:

If yes, indeed ....
But soon they will no longer serve to advance the bike, I will electrify the bike!
0 x
zac

by zac » 29/04/06, 23:03

otherwise you have the skate or the rollers :P
0 x