LiFePo4 technology on motorhome

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

LiFePo4 technology on motorhome

by bleusideral » 25/08/19, 23:07

Hello
I discovered only a few months ago these batteries whose prices are becoming more and more affordable, I have finally finally optimize an installation 4x 3,2V - 200Ah to get so 12,8V-200Ah + BMS + Balancer + solar panel 160W rigid + flexible 120W to equip my motorhome with a source of energy more consistent with autonomy. I have seen topics of discussions where these batteries are used on electric cars, which I understand easily, besides, I saw noted a small error, the recharge is not 14,4V but 14,6V.
Who started out like me in this adventure? advice and advice are welcome and I can also help with all the info I could learn!
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
Christophe

Re: LiFePo4 Technology

by Christophe » 26/08/19, 17:17

At the level of a cell, the nominal voltage of LifePo4 is 3,20 V and 3,65 V at maximum voltage

3,65V is the recharging voltage that the cell cannot chemically exceed (if it does, it is harmful) but it is possible to charge it only at 3,60V in order to gain a little time in life and flexibility of the scale to lose only a few% of capacity. It's like charging a lead battery at 13V instead of 13,5V ...

This also makes it more compatible with 12V systems.

4 * 3,65 = 14,6 V
4 * 3,6 = 14,4 V
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: LiFePo4 Technology on Motorhome

by bleusideral » 18/10/19, 14:50

Hello !
With a little delay Christophe, thank you for your indications!
Delay due to trip in motorhome which allowed me to test my new batteries, indeed, I went to the values ​​that you communicate, which scared me a little at the beginning when the solar charge was at the top, and also , during these last days, blocked in the Alps with bad weather, connection via 230V charger. The batteries went well to 14,4-14,6.
On the other hand, in recent days, I have fallen in curtain, failing to drive enough and lack of sun (rain / clouds), two nights without ju and without heating, brrr! Which obviously made me skeptical about the quality of these batteries, but I am reassured now and even equipped each cell with a voltmeter (therefore 4) switchable to check the condition from time to time under various charging conditions!
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!