ignition module

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

ignition module

by Other » 15/06/13, 18:09

Hello
That's been 18 years ago that I had replaced a magnetos on a Lycoming airplane made homebuilt ignition, with automotive components coil dual Ford module, Honda MPS 205 driver by a magnetic coil pickup, no moving part. it worked very well without maintenance.
But I would like a high energy system by retaining the most magnetic (most modules present its haf effect)

I am looking for module ignition

Bosh 9222 067 021 or 922 067 024
or an intelligent high energy module substitute vari-dwell
I would like to know which car has these modules

Former 9222 067 021 module I'm looking for

Currently I found two Bosch module 0 227 100 123
who was going on Peugots I do not know if it is intelligent modules varidwell and also controllable by a magnetic coil pickup without going through a computer?

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/06/13, 19:35

Out of curiosity:

you do not have to use aviation certified gear?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/06/13, 20:16

Hi Andrew!

Here is the list of the ignition modules and the manufacturers who use them:

http://www.spectromatic.net/old/spectro ... index.html

The 0 227 100 123 is not there but here are the cars that use them:
http://www.autopartoo.com/oem/bosch/0227100123vqg.html#

This module does not work directly on the pickup coil but must go through a MegaSquirt-II which is an ECU.

http://megasquirt.free.fr/sources/MS/ma ... ch_124.htm

See you!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Other

by Other » 17/06/13, 00:08

Hello
thanks for the information
For the 021 module and 024 simple installation, I saw that it is Mitsubishi and Nissan that uses this module (rather old) I will focus my research.

For 123 I tested it with a magnetic pickup signal on a test bench I found that the function vari dwell was not operational.
Definitely it will be necessary that I go with an affefect if I want to have more recent meteriel, that will ask me modifications
at the level of the sensors ..

For elephant in amateur construction you have a certain latitude on the pieces and equipment such as battery starter alternator GPS ect .. (although without being ultra conservative and working with magnets with points, it is possible to improve with an electronic ignition high energy (To keep some security I keep a standard magnetos)

Andre
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 17/06/13, 01:30

André Good evening!

It is possible to make a small assembly with a transistor to operate this module but the advance of the fire will not be variable depending on the acceleration because there is no TPS (Trottle position sensor) or MAP sensor and I would not dare to install this on an airplane for flight safety.

On the other hand if you want a more powerful fire you can use a coil higher in voltage, you can find it in all the suppliers of performance parts like for example an Accel coil, as for the variable advance as this Is not a car where we use very variable diets the piece that you use currently in my opinion is very good for your use!

The other solution for a more powerful fire is to use a Champion Copper Plus Candle which according to my snowmobile tests performs better than the NGK on a mixture too rich and clogs less quickly. massacre)
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain