Improved Engine Diesel Generating Group

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
GTHA
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Improved Engine Diesel Generating Group

by GTHA » 28/11/05, 17:45

Hello everyone ,
Here is my case: I will become the happy owner of an electrically autonomous house based on photovoltaic panels + batteries and a diesel generator set (fueled by fuel).
To reduce my fuel consumption, apart from the choice to change the generator for a more modern engine (it is vandeuvre motor that dates from at least 30 years), which main tracks to follow?

I saw in the order:
- the oil of recovery (with the constraint to make its "market")
- pantonisation (with the constraint of "tinkering" the trick but it would be easier than on a car)

your offers ?
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 30/11/05, 13:37

hello rgth
what's easier for you than turning your group to the HVB
You only need to have a tank heated by an electrical resistance or a heating filter resistance on your pump tare your injector 150 bars and as you say do your walk (restaurant, or find a farmer or breeder who triturates his rapeseed or his sunflower ) and in addition you can ride a spad

rezut
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/05, 15:00

Well that's what he says :)
0 x
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 30/11/05, 21:33

it should also recover heat from the engine (exhaust, cooling water) to heat a boiller (exchanger)
Last edited by binbins4 the 30 / 11 / 05, 22: 01, 1 edited once.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 30/11/05, 22:16

Indeed, as said binbins4, you use the heat of the cooling circuit to heat water or your home. This is cogeneration!

On one side of the electrical energy and on the other side of the heat (heat energy) valued instead of being dispersed in the air ...

In any case, the transition to HBV will allow you to operate by avoiding the contribution of CO2 of fossil origin in the atmosphere, will eventually allow you to recycle your cooking oils (recovery of waste ...).

As the engine speed of a group is relatively stable, it is a good candidate for pantonisation (SPAD for example).

In short, you have something to do ...
0 x
GTHA
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

cogeneration ??

by GTHA » 15/12/05, 16:39

I do not see too much the interest of installing heat recovery on the group: currently, it turns about 30 50 minutes per day (for 5 slice 10) after the one who installed it.
after my photovoltaic panels have been removed, this should further diminish.
even if it's intellectually satisfactory, I think I'll stay at the HVB option but I'll have to find myself on the oil warm-up.
0 x
Asgard bone tyr
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)

by Asgard bone tyr » 15/12/05, 16:50

Before advising a spad is what you are about its effectiveness and for the water heater to you that if it turns half an hour and that you are enough to take 4 shower do not you see the interest?
AND for the calibration of the injector if your pump is a bosch you can go up to 180barresans problem if it is a roto or lucas 150 maxi.
do not forget, pre-charge pump and mini filtration 5 micron (sino : Cry: ), with that you are not far from being at the top :)
0 x
skyfish
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by skyfish » 15/12/05, 20:49

hi, for heating the hvb, nothing like an electric heater at startup and when the engine is t ° (coolant to 80 ° c) is more than tinkering a water / oil exchanger, you will be just at the right t °
more info on www.oliomobile.org
good do-it-yourself
0 x