Turbine (recovered electricity) and exhaust gas

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Giul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Turbine (recovered electricity) and exhaust gas

by Giul » 16/11/05, 07:27

Hello

New process under test to recover 6Kw of electricity with exhaust gases (micro-turbine optimized by data processing): http://www.futura-sciences.com/news-gaz ... e_7570.php

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/05, 10:22

Here is what I recently replied to a friend on this subject, I think that any "engine manufacturer" will confirm:

The idea is interesting but it is nothing new, it is an "electrified" variant of the Turbo Compound which already exists on certain industrial trucks and engines.

Unfortunately I think that the additional cost and related overweight will limit its placing on the market for private vehicles.

In addition, you should know that the HDI turbo already takes a lot of energy and the efficiency of the compound is directly related to the power required from the engine ... That is to say that below 100km / h we recovers nothing or almost because of the upstream turbo which already recovers quite a lot ... finally it would have to be driven at 200 km / h to increase the efficiency of the engine (be sure that the 6kW are obtained at full engine load) ... I badly see the interest on private cars ... Or on hybrid gasoline engine ... but on road engine light vehicle already equipped with turbo interest is limited in my opinion.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/08/06, 04:20

unless it is overpriced, it may not be so stupid ....

1) we remove the good old alternator
2) 80.000 rpm: high frequency alternator, as in airplanes
3) we do not put an incorporated regulator
4) with high frequency alternatives, we do what we want with very compact transformers
5) and we supply a strong electrolyser!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be