The traces of the 1 year

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The traces of the 1 year

by Cuicui » 03/03/11, 20:25

Everything must be kept during 1 year: visited sites, emails, IP address, passwords, etc ... It seemed so big that at first I did not believe it.
Thank you Mr. Sarkosy.

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/03/11, 20:53

On econology all the posts of cuicui are preserved since 2005 !!

Keeping passwords clear is certainly a big problem, but the clear is only for the police ?????????????

And do not put everywhere the same password!

And all that remains is to open the emails and letters of the post to finish !!

Solution take email providers to the other end of the world ??
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/03/11, 21:02

dedeleco wrote:On econology all the posts of cuicui are preserved since 2005 !!

Certainly. But I do not post on Econology that I want to be made public.
On the other hand, my e-mails only look at my recipients and myself. Ditto for the sites I visit.
What will appear in the clear for the police will it be used to fight against delinquency or to identify and neutralize those who hinder the power in place?
And what use will the little clever people who will succeed in decrypting this information?
Last edited by Cuicui the 03 / 03 / 11, 21: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 03/03/11, 21:14

Yes internet is a real big brother, and I do not speak of facebook ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/03/11, 21:48

moby25 wrote:Yes internet is a real big brother, and I do not speak of facebook ...

Certainly, but again, I put on Facebook that I want to be made public, not the codes of my bank card ... My freedom remains (theoretically) preserved, at least I try to persuade myself ...
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 03/03/11, 21:57

Yes, but 3/4 take it "all their life", without realizing that their data will be kept ... for a while and even if it is regulated, companies can still do "what they want".

How is it possible to draw digital data on a network as complex and totally immutishable as the Internet.

It's simply impossible.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/11, 09:32

Uh ...

A) Stop a little parano / big brother with at least ...

Concrete example: nothing but this forum, the passwords are encrypted (md5) in the database, so I do not have access even if I wanted it !! And often I am asked ("I lost my password ...")

I have never seen a clear code in a database.

B) There is already a law that requires the admins to keep the logs of site visits for a duration of 1 year. And it is normal because in case of legal problem must be able to search in!

C) Anything to keep for 1 year by ISPs may pose storage problems ... at least additional costs.

Just for econo, the http logs represent, compressed between 100 and 150 MB per day. Imagine what this gives to the free scale?

D) The problem of log confidentiality is another problem. For example, with the sites that you have visited, you can make your marketing profile that could be paid to third parties as Facebook does.

E) And the most important: it's not because it's mandatory now that ISPs do not do it before ... the period was simply probably shorter.

For example: Wanadoo has admitted selling our emails ...

So the problem is not that we are lodged (we are everywhere anyway) but who will have access to these logs = their confidentiality. This little article, and the interviewees, are therefore wrong problem ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/03/11, 09:36

Cuicui wrote:Certainly, but again, I put on Facebook that I want to be made public, not the codes of my bank card ... My freedom remains (theoretically) preserved, at least I try to persuade myself ...

Starting from an idea all stupid ... If everyone swayed his credit card code in the sight of everyone..Can be that the crash and the end of the monetary system would give us more freedom ... : Cheesy:
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/03/11, 09:44

go ahead, I feel that I will soon renovate the whole house ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/11, 09:50

ISPs can not have access to your card number (and I'm not talking about the secret code) since everything goes in httpS transit is encrypted!

On the other hand, since the electronic bank card exists (CB, VISA, Mastercard ...), your banker and the card issuer can know where you do your shopping, your leisure, where you go on vacation, if you're sick, if you have a mistress ... etc etc ...

In short: we are stuck since the storage of data is possible at low cost ...

I believe that, without counting internet, the name of a French appears on average in 14 databases. To check;

Again it's not storage the problem ... but what we do with it. And at the time of this kind of thing: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ca-ne-se-p ... 10545.html Well it's not too reassuring in the end ...
0 x