Thermohydraulic motor !!!!!!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
orbs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Thermohydraulic motor !!!!!!

by orbs » 04/01/11, 17:42

Hello
Happy New Year everyone
I want to make a 4tps engine by replacing the connecting rod and the crankshaft with a hydraulic motor !!!
How? 'Or' What:
keep the cylinder head, the piston, the cylinder modified by the addition of a closing plate where two holes are drilled.

during TDC, the cylinder is filled with hydro transmission oil;
upon explosion, the piston descends, pushes the oil through an orifice in the lower cylinder plate, the oil under hardness feeds a hydraulic motor, the axis of this motor is the transmission shaft capable of providing various drives ( in particular the distribution); the oil used by the hydro motor returns to a pressurized cooler tank to supply the low cylinder and reassemble to compress the piston. of course the supply and return diurit are equipped with a non-return valve.

I hope I have been precise and understandable.
I expect from your reading, your opinions on the feasibility and the efficiency : Mrgreen: of this montage
@ +
orbs
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/01/11, 18:23

It is certainly possible, but we must see the losses by viscosity in the pipes and hoses and inelastic expansions which will not be negligible.
But certainly this has already been considered and tested, at least on hydraulic jacks and cranes, where a thermal compressor is used to pressurize the oil.
Oil machines are rather slow, powerful and precise and in principle not very compatible with rapid explosion in a piston where the inertia of the mass of oil behind will lose a lot of kinetic energy of the explosion in the form shock wave which will dissipate in the pipes elsewhere !!! (even a high proportion).

In small model on very small engine this can be experienced in hobby for cheap and identify the real difficulties !!
In slower Stirling engine it would be better ???
The idea is certainly to be deepened, at least in the bibliography, before testing.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/01/11, 21:15

There is idea 8).

But how do you think you manage to run this engine "regularly"? TDCs and PMBs could be "brutal" in deceleration (shock wave). Multi-cylinder compulsory to be able to accompany various accelerations, pressure reserve etc ...?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/01/11, 22:20

Must there be patents with this idea that have thought about it? considering the armada of patents on the perpetual movement, it's still more realistic and valid !!!
0 x