Injecting water into the engine, reforming particles, Nox, CO

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Capt_Maloche

Injecting water into the engine, reforming particles, Nox, CO

by Capt_Maloche » 12/08/09, 10:31

Results mainly from my work on the blue flame burner: heating-insulation / amelioration-burner-fuel-reduction-nox-and-co-Blue Flame-t5172.html
or understand the reactions of water vapor in a combustion cycle

This topic is meant to be an evolution of the Pantone system, if misinterpreted

Introduction:
The EGR valve is first of all a way for manufacturers to reduce the flame T ° and thus limit Nox, but it is also a great way to reinject water vapor from the combustion of gasoline. or diesel, and it gives this:

all in detail here:

Capt_Maloche wrote:WATER VAPOR INJECTION, WHY IT WORKS!

Description: GO's perfect combustion reaction (nitrogen is not present)
C2H16 34 + = 49 2 O32 CO2 + 34 H2O

adding water vapor first (Important) of the combustion cycle spectacular pollution

in fact it is these two arch-known reactions that explain these results:
H2O + C = CO + H2 : the incandescent soot particles (the "bad burns") react with the water vapor, this requires a temperature above 950 ° C and if possible below 1300 ° C, hence the difficulties encountered by our amateur testers on all these systems

CO + H2O <> CO2 + H2 : CO from the first reaction and imperfect combustion reacts with steam to supply hydrogen; as the T ° must be greater than 950 ° C otherwise there will be excess CO

H2+2O2<>2H2O The hydrogen produced by the first two reactions contributes to the destruction of the unburnt, to maintain the explosion longer and thus to increase the yield.

Basically, unburned are converted into energy before becoming :D

IMPORTANT NOTE:
the fact is also that, since the water vapor is injected at the beginning of the combustion cycle, the available C which has not yet reacted (and which would have reacted in the normal cycle) does not have the time to finish completely. its reaction which allows the water vapor already present to act according to the first reaction

the advantage is also that if CO is produced during the reaction, it will be immediately transformed !!

The amount of water vapor must therefore be regulated by a computer, which our builders start with the EGR valves.

What I have seen by dismantling the EGR valve and the air intake system of a recent vehicle: see in the middle of the page Diesel-car-eat-less-with-a-little-of-sp95-t5849-460.html

The Pantone system, is a way to inject evaporated water thanks to the lost energy of the exhaust, it is a good thing.

now, refueling + a tank of water is not easy on the highway

that's why the Pantone is not the ideal solution

Now that particulate filters are mandatory from next month, it will be easier to recover the steam at the outlet of the muffler, here is the challenge
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 12 / 08 / 09, 11: 09, 2 edited once.
2 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Water vapor injection into the engine, why does it work?

by I Citro » 12/08/09, 10:40

Capt_Maloche wrote:... What I could see by dismantling the EGR valve and the air intake system of a recent vehicle ...
When removing the cylinder head of a 1998 Opel Astra "ecoturbo" which had driven 100.000km mainly in town, I found more than an inch of black and greasy deposit on the inside of the intake manifolds.
: Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/09, 10:43

1cm it was before or after Citro water injection? : Cheesy:

This subject is to be completed by (at least) this article: https://www.econologie.com/synthese-des- ... -3589.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/08/09, 10:50

Christophe wrote:1cm it was before or after Citro water injection? : Cheesy:
It's not my car, it runs very little so there is no reason to change it.
It just recycles some used cooking oil from time to time. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/09, 11:03

Oh well if there is more frying, it makes sense that calamine!

Doping + frying = good!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 12/08/09, 11:05

Well yes, the EGR valves have evolved, thanks to the cooling of the reinjected gases that avoids cooking the deposit

Well, the idea of ​​this subject, is to test water vapor recovery at the outlet of the pot (so water to 90 ° C) and re-evaporate with a heat exchanger on the exhaust manifold to reinject it to admission

The idea is also to demonstrate efficiency with accurate measurements and the white cloth test :D

why not simply a tube or a simple sharp spraying to gain volume

In short, the subject is open :D
1 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/08/09, 11:09

Christophe wrote:Oh well if there is more frying, it makes sense that calamine!

Doping + frying = good!
The cooking oil is since the repair of the cylinder head. :?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

Re: Water vapor injection into the engine, why does it work?

by Capt_Maloche » 12/08/09, 13:48

citro wrote:
Capt_Maloche wrote:... What I could see by dismantling the EGR valve and the air intake system of a recent vehicle ...
When removing the cylinder head of a 1998 Opel Astra "ecoturbo" which had driven 100.000km mainly in town, I found more than an inch of black and greasy deposit on the inside of the intake manifolds.
: Shock:

Well, here is the air intake and arrival EGR of my Vel Satis 2007 105 000 km
quite clean :D
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 12/08/09, 14:09

Capt_Maloche wrote:[...] The idea is also to demonstrate efficiency with precise measurements and the white cloth test :D [...]
You should do an acronym, it's immediately classier and more serious:
"...The idea is also to demonstrate efficiency with precise measurements and the (famous) TCB..."
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/09, 14:12

: Cheesy: it is clear that it is fashionable!

Question Is a TCB equivalent to an APC? (T = tea towel) : Mrgreen:
0 x