Study rod Pantone reactor heating or cavitation?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

Study rod Pantone reactor heating or cavitation?

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 09:44

Following this message Media / right-of-reply-item-on-pantone-in-science-and-life-t4811.html I created this new subject to examine Andre's findings on stems (as well as mine but less advanced).

I copy / paste the last 3 messages about this.
Last edited by Christophe the 01 / 05 / 08, 12: 51, 3 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 09:44

Andre wrote:Hello
By the way, another note in passing: this story bar magnet, I do not know if anyone believes or not, but in any case if you have already approached a magnet with a compass you will deduce that the small magnet magnetisera much better a bar than the Earth's magnetic field.

We have long since passed the stage of magnetism and made many verifications with non-magnetic metals
and, of course, the north facing break-in? we quickly understood what it meant, but we can not prevent those who believe in it.
much time lost in the early years on these topics to verifying all that was written there, all this lost time would have been better used to more enriching experiences.
A rod of non-magnetic material such as stainless steel or inconel functions as well, even vertically or in any magnetic sense.
A ceramic or carbon rod also works
an electromagnet to place on a stem does not ameliorate the sytéme
A steel cable instead of the rod does not work
a tube filled with steel powder does not work well
a concentric tube stack does not work well.
Do not think we took everything Panton said for cash
Not more than all that can be read on the forum some assemblers nickel rods and inconel (metal use for nuclear power plants) ask me a lot of research, to get me a small piece and at what price! for what results?
fortunately no one has written on the forum that platinum rod gives a better performance.

Andre

Different experiences
the color of the rods indicates the temperature reached for the nuclei at differrent places the nucleus beam hardly heats

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 09:45

Christophe wrote:Another photo of stem found during my PFE at ENSAIS in 2001 ... If I remember correctly it was a 20mm rod in a 21 space ... so only 0.5mm of space to the radius. I did not notice this phenomenon with another rod.

Years later, I still do not see how to explain clearly this warming up if localized followed by a colder zone, all the more so as the fluids (intake and exhaust) circulate quite "quickly" around the rod which will tend to "homogenize" the temperatures along the rod ...

André's observations are even more spectacular ... André, don't you want to show him your photos of stems with the "pins"?

I think André is the only one in the world to have done such tests ... Maybe we should have talked more about it at the time?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 09:45

Andre wrote:Hello
I think André is the only one in the world to have done such tests ... Maybe we should have talked more about it at the time?

I do not think I'm the only one to have done tests, I'm sure that the automakers have spent the syteme comb, a lot finer than all that we did more together
So they know more than us all together, but they do not talk about it, rarely have we seen these experts give an explanation to say precisely what does not work in this system, or why he leaves it on the shelf, the weather plays into their favor, in any time whatever the syteme to improve the combustion engine it will not have any more interest, it is a little as if in 1950 one would have to find a solution to improve considerably the steam locomotives, too late too little ..

Tapered stem installed on a Lycoming motor
Spoke me no corossion, it is a rod in inconel, super material of central nuclear which my cost (an arm) and much of traveling to locate this material ..

Mounting on a large petrol engine doping with water (too long stem voluntarily)
diameter 12,7 stainless steel 316.
After 2 30 hours of walking disassembly of the rod
in order to examine the distribution of heat
the cavitation traces start at 112mm from the beginning of the stem and end at 136mm (that's where I cut the stem)
Examined at the camera lens (zoum) this looks like full of micro black picot as burned ..

I'd have to dig for the other stems with a spiral
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 09:47

Yes André, I thought about the builders ... I would have said: the only independent experimenter.

In any case on the forum you're the one who went the farthest ... Well we quibble it's not very important. What matters are the facts ...

So here is this topic dedicated to the observations of the stem ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 09:52

The numerical simulation may give some ideas to some (copied / pasted from this subject: Simulation-camera-and-analye-modal-and-a-reactor-t4929.html )

Christophe wrote:I (re) put here some results of a digital modeling of a pantone "reactor" which were produced by RPSantina at the end of 2005! They have already been posted on the wiki but too "deep" to be visible ...

The simulation is in 2D and the flow is from right to left.

With Julien's ionization theory, it will probably give you more precise ideas !! For those who do not know her yet: https://www.econologie.com/ionisation-de ... -3324.html
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 03 / 08, 11: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 20:05

Up !!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 12/03/08, 23:32

UP for me too

What is the speed of the mixture Air + water vapor + combustible vapors around the stem?

warming up and thermal cracking of the compounds would explain these sudden variations of T ° on the stem?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 12:01

Ah finally someone! This subject is very important and nobody says anything ... : Cry:

Capt_Maloche wrote:What is the speed of the mixture Air + water vapor + combustible vapors around the stem?

Ben the speeds are given on the scale of the numerical simulation, otherwise I had estimated them during my PFE and I think that I arrived in the same order of magnitude only I had supposed that the trajectory was helicoidal what n ' is not the case (at least not with such a small step).

For the simulation, if I remember correctly, we had taken a realistic pressure drop compared to an engine.

So we can read: 4.28m * 10 ^ 2 more than 400m / s ie more than the speed of sound... it's a clue I think ...

Now this simulation was made in 2d ... advice to the regulars of the modal analysis to do something in 3d ...

Capt_Maloche wrote:warming up and thermal cracking of the compounds would explain these sudden variations of T ° on the stem?

This is the very first hypothesis that we can make but given the location of the hot spot and the high speed of the fluids it is very difficult to believe because the heating would be much less "local" ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 13/03/08, 12:45

Do not agree, because if there is cracking, it will be at a point of equilibrium somewhere on the stem,

400 m / s forced turbulently, it starts to heat up
because to bluish a steel rod, it is necessary to go up to about 900 ° C

look at that : Cheesy:

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"