Qualities of water for water doping in motor?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Qualities of water for water doping in motor?

by ak » 15/02/08, 18:38

Hello,
we are in the process of making a reactor and a mainsail to "pantomize" the Citroen c15 ... great adventure.
I am looking for all the info possible on the site and on QuantHomme, through the many experiences and improvements (or interesting failures).
I don't see anything about the type of water used (maybe not researched enough?).
Would you like to direct us to the information that would be available, or simply answer our questions:
Here that of the tap is very limestone and it seems silly to plug the whole with limestone ...
Can rainwater be used with a small filter or is it a risk of clogging the water supply or introducing impurities into the steam generator? If not, what's left: distilled water? What are you using?

Thank you for your answers.
0 x
Alain & Dan
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 15/02/08, 20:03

Hello

the difference between the water quality is slight

however the limestone and the sediments in the water are not a drawback, I would even say that for the periods of (running in) this deposit on the rod and in the conduits makes it insulating, this can only improve the system.
I use rainwater, melted snow, spring or pumped water from a well and often water that I would not drink.
I avoid distilled water. filter drinking water, tap water that contains chlorine.
I add a little vinegar to the water in small quantities
Those who operate with a bubbler in the long run, there is a sediment in the bottom of the bubbler that is not a problem.

All this you will learn by trying and it is very long and difficult to measure especially if the difference in performance is small.
manage to attribute this to water or another varainte, road temperature, ect .. So hard to be categorical, but when you made a good score in a trip you try to repeat the same recipe

The fouling of the system is weak after 10 000 km that makes a small gray layer in the conduits, but not more.

Andre
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/02/08, 22:11

Hello Ak

On the site, many have spoken of unidentified dirt and other deposits that always end up clogging the sprinklers and other small restrictions. If your editing uses it, don't forget the filter that goes well upstream. This will save you a lot of driving from which we cannot draw any conclusions because it has varied the parameters without your knowledge. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 16/02/08, 22:56

Bonjour à tous

Since I put a little vinegar (white wine with tarragon : Mrgreen: ) in water and passed through a coffee filter, I produced a lot of whitish suspension dirt that I did not have before using only distilled water. However, I have little metallic contact surface with water and its vinegar (2 brass fittings, a piece of copper wire and can be part of the wiper pump) everything else is plastic.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 17/02/08, 11:07

Hello,
Thank you for your answers. As for the chlorine in the tap water, I don't think this is a problem since it is enough to let this water sit overnight in the air for the chlorine to evaporate. On the other hand, limestone seems to me to pose much more concern, especially with a G + system with an annular steam generator which would be quickly filled.
I think that we will use rainwater, pumped from the surface of the tank, even if it means filtering it a little and above all to avoid leaving it stagnating for too long in the tank to avoid the development of algae or bacteria. We will see the result in the boiler trap which will remain more easily accessible, in principle.
For the vinegar I am a little surprised: personally I would not dare to voluntarily introduce an acid in the circuit (rainwater can be a little acid naturally, on the other hand). What is its use?

Thank you again for your testimonies and exchanges and for this site and forums that allow these questions and exchanges.
0 x
Alain & Dan
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 17/02/08, 12:57

Hello again,

For the vinegar I am a little surprised: personally I would not dare to voluntarily introduce an acid in the circuit (rainwater can be a little acid naturally, on the other hand). What is its use?

Well, reading better I imagine that the answer is in the texts and messages on "the ionization of water vapor"? It's a bit difficult for me to read, but the result of your tests is that acidic water would be more "interesting" than basic water? Or do you use it at the testing stage?
Goods.
0 x
Alain & Dan
Other

by Other » 17/02/08, 17:52

Hello
I think that we will use rainwater, pumped from the surface of the tank, even if it means filtering it a little and above all to avoid leaving it stagnating for too long in the tank to avoid the development of algae or bacteria.

the water used must be consumed, if it drags in the tank with heat it clogs the small orifices and the conduits it becomes gelatinous
Problem that we do not know with a bubbler, although there is a deposit at the bottom of the bubbler.

the explanation on the quality of the water I do not know it, I proceed by test and elimination, I transport my reserve of water, if I miss some it happens to pick it up in a ditch at the edge of the road and sometimes in winter I collect snow, direct in the bubbler.

I'm not a fan of refined purified materials
sometimes it’s the impurities that make the quality ..

Andre
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/02/08, 23:18

Bonjour à tous

Punishment with vinegar, a false manipulation and hop a glass of vinegar spilled on the carpet of the car ..... It is better than the smell of disgusting but it still messes up after an afternoon in the sun .... : Mrgreen: André, are you really sure that it works better with vinegar ???? : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"