Altran Foundation and Gillier-Pantone?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Osiris
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Altran Foundation and Gillier-Pantone?

by Osiris » 06/02/08, 00:07

Bonjour à tous

Here I come here to share with you a project that I think can bring a lot to the pantone / guillier pantone community.
Indeed a good opportunity is offered to all those who wish to disseminate and try to put the Guillier Pantone on the national scene see international ...

': idea:' Let me explain, every year the Altran foundation organizes an innovation competition with the aim of supporting, by the award of a Prize, a technology-based innovation serving the general interest, in a field of application which varies each year.

And this year the theme I think concerns many of us because it is “Reducing the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere: our technological challenge! "

to make a lesson it is a question of presenting a project which answers the following cisterns:
-1- "the candidate must demonstrate that the project
that he submits within the framework of the Prize has a utility of general interest, an innovative character and a possible application in the short or medium term ”.
-2- “The candidate must emphasize the innovative nature, in relation to the state of the art and the technology he uses. This technology must be innovative either in its very principle, or
in the application that is made of it (in case the technology used is already proven). "
-3- "The candidate must demonstrate the technical and financial feasibility of his project. "

By reading these queslques lines I think of course that a Guillier Pantone has all its chances in view of its simplicity and the first performances (to prove of course, but that is the objective of the price: financial and technological means for 1 year so that the winner can develop their project)

in concrete terms, this involves presenting a dossier with:
-a technical and functional description
-to describe in what proportion the project can reduce the level of CO2 in the atmosphere
- what technical challenge remains to be overcome ...

The deadlines are quite short (submission of applications on April 7, 2008 at the latest) but I think that by setting up a team of a few motivated souls we can put together a solid dossier supported by a demo showing the feasibility in time. ..

I think that water doping really responds to this concern which is global warming linked to fossil combustion in a very simple way.

I sincerely believe that there is a real opportunity here for all those who are convinced of what this process can bring and who are committed to disseminating it.
What we do all on this site around this process is of interest / impact on the environment only if there is a mass use therefore an industrialization and it is not by staying each in his garage to do its editing that we will get there. I think that we must insist and disseminate it via initatives such as this one.

Everyone can get their idea by going to the site:
http://www.fondation-altran.org/DevSite ... 3075864833

Oz
0 x
"When the man has shot the last
tree, caught the last fish, polluted
the last river, then he will go
reckon that money cannot be eaten. "
Native American proverb
Osiris
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Osiris » 06/02/08, 00:31

Not wanting to make my first message too long, here is the following:

I'll try to anticipate some questions for the most skeptical (and as Camel says: "A skeptic is someone who does not suspect anything." ...)

-Q1: Another ad or a box trying to steal the process on his own ????

Altran spends thousands of euros a year on advertising and other marketing, so they don't need me for that.
I do this because I think it can help publicize this process which deserves anonymity.

The goal is more to disseminate and to bring to the attention of the general public or even industrialists other than those that we all know (and who don't really care ...) than to go and win the prize (even if I think this proceeded every chance)

-Q2: Are you part of the Altran company?
Yes I am an engineer at Altran who organizes this award via its foundation (and this is the main reason why I cannot participate directly, and it is not the desire that I lack after having studied a lot studied pantone and its derivatives).
PS: the employees can only accompany a candidate and help him to assemble the file.

-Q3: Why don't you introduce yourself?
see previous question ': mrgreen:'
+ I think that unity is strength '8)' and by uniting around the precise objective, it will be able to advance our research faster on the one hand and make the process known to a greater number of the scope media.

-Q4: "I also suppose that the Altran foundation is surely not ready to finance research based on ... the public domain ..." ???

see point2-
"This technology must be innovative either in its principle or in the application made of it (in case the technology used is already proven). "

The technology can already be known or seen in the public domain, what matters is that the application is innovative to my knowledge no car or industrial manufacturer uses the Guillier Pantone ...

I do not think I made levent1 / 10 th of the questions that can tease you aloors do not hesitate.

Oz
0 x

Native American proverb
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/08, 10:29

I am very skeptical and I doubt that Altran will put "marbles" in a project based on the public domain ...

And then it would be a task for all its customers and employees who work on FAP or other Hdi ... I know a little the way of reasoning ingests, it would be insulting for them ... I hope I am wrong ...

And then, they already know the system ...
0 x
Osiris
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Osiris » 06/02/08, 23:13

I may not have been clear enough but it is not here for Altran to invest in the economic sense of the term (with the aim of a return on investment) in the project of the winner of the competition.

It is not Altran who is going to take the gangner's project at arm's length and develop it on his own or that of the winner.
Altran does not produce anything else but earns money by renting gray matter to customers ...

-The candiat is the sole owner and responsible for his project
-This competition should be seen as a springboard (endowment = 16000Euro + support for 1 year), as a means to develop and embark on a long-term industrialization.

You tell me, but what does Altran have to gain from this story?
it is about a patronage, and like any company which does this kind of operation through foundations, it is of course to be advertised, an image .... by betting on the right horse ".

Anyway, personally I think that the pantone community has everything to gang up, it is a question of making lobying for this process and even if some already know (automobile industry or others which have no interest as far as it is known) has does not mean that there is nothing to do ... this process will eventually fall into the ears of someone who will find an interest (in one way or another) and will ensure that it is produced in series so that the general public can access it (and therefore that the planet wins) ... I know I am optimistic by nature ....
there is a real enthusiasm from investors on everything related to environmental economics (many have understood that ecology can be profitable for them).

In addition I am not convinced that many really know this process (and even among those who have heard of it many believe that it is about the famous utopia of the water motor ': evil:' when we see the bad press that it was devoted to it, it's not surprising.
Brefreste a lot to do before this process is really known and is really taken seriously ...

A+

Oz
0 x

Native American proverb
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/02/08, 10:24

We understand the interest of the thing but in practice it is more problematic:

a) who would be THE candidate (personally it is no longer possible)? I am not in favor of having one person on the project.

b) the system does NOT belong to this candidate but to a whole "community" (even if it sounds a bit sectarian as a name ...) in other words: the principle is in the public domain

c) how many candidates are there? Average age? How many winner (if not alone)

You know there are already companies that sell kits ... including one very seriously ... A quick search on forums and you will find their name ...

I don't think that BIG manufacturers are ever interested in the system otherwise they would already be on it ... except of course if they want to keep the thing for "later"?

ps: when I say that they are already on it it is not in the wind ... I have already been contacted by people from Altran (or a competitor I do not know anymore) and it dates from 2005 .. .
0 x
Osiris
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Osiris » 08/02/08, 15:33

Christophe wrote:
a) who would be THE candidate (personally it is no longer possible)? I am not in favor of having only one person on the project ....

b) the system does NOT belong to this candidate but to a whole "community" (even if it sounds a bit sectarian as a name ...) in other words: the principle is in the public domain

a) + b):
I completely agree...
this is why I propose to organize to present a joint project on behalf of the Pantone community (in the form of a team of motivated volunteers), because the competition is open both to individuals and to associations or laboratories ... there is no restriction on that side).
Once again the goal is more to promote this process than to go to compete with Renault or Peugeot ... and to draw attention (from other actors) to this alternative to all their complicated and not very effective research (management electronic, FAP ...) on the reduction of consumption currently underway ... in short there are other solutions and people should know this.

Christophe wrote:c) how many candidates are there? Average age? How many winners (if not alone) ....

this course is open to everyone, from 7 to 77 years old 8) (er rather from 18 to 77 years old). There will be only one winner of course, but it is the goal of a contest I believe ..., but if we believe in what we do or is the problem?
Christophe wrote:You know there are already companies that sell kits ... including one very seriously ... A quick search on forums and you will find their name ...

I don't think that BIG manufacturers are ever interested in the system otherwise they would already be on it ... except of course if they want to keep the thing for "later"?
) ....

And if we forced them (indirectly) to take it out for earlier ... ??
In any case personally I find it difficult to resign myself ....

I just have a question for you Christophe (and for all those who feel concerned):
how do you see the future of this process ... do you think that people like the Pantone community can play a role so that this technology comes to be used by the general public to reduce pollution?
@+
Oz
0 x

Native American proverb

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"