Steam generator or bubbler?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Steam generator or bubbler?

by the joint » 09/04/07, 20:30

Hello everyone I reopen a post here after the one on the tiller because I'm learning to move to combi vw. We discussed the subject with Pitmix about the choice of a bubbler system or a steam generator system. I had developed this shema for the bubbler system. You will see it is simplified !!!! : Cheesy:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ombi79.bmp

I followed the work of Didier and Michel on the mercos and it is very interesting. The first advantage consists of having a system that produces steam from the start which is not the case of the bubbler.
However the gain in fuel consumption is not huge, the steam manufacturing is it insufficient with a GV? While a bubbler once hot allows the transformation of a large amount of water into drops. Finally the gain in pollution on a model GV must be much worse than a bubbler system? since the gases are not reused.
We can not reduce the bubbler to its minimum (0,5 L) and used a spiral tube at the bottom of the bubbler pierced with a multitude of small holes favoring optimal heat conduction to water and thus obtain homogeneous bubbling (allows to avoid big bubbles and so remouds, ect .....)

I am waiting for your opinion on the question and your experience, thank you

PS: the vehicle is a 4 flat 1600 3 cm 164000 about XNUMX km air-cooled.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 09/04/07, 20:43

Hello

carbu; it takes less space : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 09/04/07, 20:57

Hi Zac I have not considered the question of carbu because I have not had time to look at it but why not?
0 x
Other

by Other » 09/04/07, 21:12

Hello
steam for a small engine like that it's not the quantity, but the quality that makes it work ..
no matter the method it is not necessary to produce more than one liter 100km and even it is too much for a petrol engine.
Small bubbler, SGS, small carburetor, fogger ... go to the simplest depending on the kind of driving you do, small trip very short the reactor loses its effectiveness whatever the method .. With a gasoline engine go to 30% it takes something to settle, for polution it's something else ..
In addition, I do not know of self-help as its consumption does not increase driving driving.
Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 09/04/07, 21:15

Hello

I went from bubbling to carb for clutter, we did not talk about gv at this time, we talked about no pantone.

the gv seems + compact but it's a real gas plant.

mount a pantone on an 106 or a kangoo and you'll quickly understand what I'm talking about.

for me a water doping must have 3 qualitée.1 it works well 2 that has the least possible to put the hands in 3 it is the most discrete possible.

@ + and good tests
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 09/04/07, 21:58

Ok, there really is not really a model to choose from
I think that I will favor a model bubbler even if I make trips quite short weekend (from 3 to 20 km) the beautiful season arrives and with it all the festivals and holidays so I'm likely to roll a lot especially if the pantone works !!!! : Cheesy:

In addition the system with the bubbler seems more affordable given my experience. I think to use a minute covert in quest of bubbler. It seems to me that it will be perfect: resistance to the pressure and valve of secu in case of problem. What do you think of the idea of ​​the spiral in tube at the bottom of the bubbler pierced with many holes? Someone has already realized this type of editing, is it effective? or the effects on temperature and vaporization would be rather negligible? thank you for your zac and André I will take into account in my achievements: the simplest and my idea
0 x