Evaporator and negative temperature

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Wonder TITI
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Evaporator and negative temperature

by Wonder TITI » 17/11/06, 09:55

Hello everybody
I have practically finished my doping installation, but however, with winter just around the corner and my vehicle sleeping outside, I did not want to burst my bulger because of the freezing.

I used the search function to get information, but the posts concerned are 20 pages minimum and it is not easy to find ...

In short, how do you do in winter to keep your bulgers from negative temperatures?

Thank you
Last edited by Wonder TITI the 17 / 11 / 06, 17: 33, 1 edited once.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 17/11/06, 14:29

Hello

2 solutions: you turn the bulb and you replace it with a drip or you put antifreeze (if you put alcohol provides a reliable and actuable shut-off valve from the driving position because if your pants work well you may find you completely).

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

Re: Evaporator bulb and negative temperature

by Other » 17/11/06, 15:20

Hello
Wonder TITI wrote:Hello everybody
I have practically finished my doping installation, but however, with winter just around the corner and my vehicle sleeping outside, I did not want to burst my bulger because of the freezing.

I used the search function to get information, but the posts concerned are 20 pages minimum and it is not easy to find ...

In short, how do you do in winter to keep your bulgers from negative temperatures?

Thank you

On my Chevrolet I walk with a bubbler, It freezes completely but it does not break (it is never full of water, that makes a block of ice, it is enough to roll and the system of reheating melts the ice that takes several more km to operate the bubbler.
The method consists in adding hot water only before leaving, if it is a small trip at a low level, top up the level only when you take the car.
When making a mixture of alcohol and water in a bubbler, it is practically useless, the first trip that you make the alcohol evaporates and as soon as you park the vehicle one night, everything is frozen, is in addition I did not notice any gain on a gasoline engine, water versus water alcohol.
Now if you have an automatic level control system, a mixture of water and alcohol is required in the supply tank. but with frozen spetite key you only have a small patty of ice on the surface.

Andre
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 17/11/06, 16:09

Tell me André, is the engine vacuum sufficient to draw water?
I tried it sucks that slab, but maybe the nozzle used was too fine.
I tried the outlet of the windscreen washer directly instead.
necessarily it works, but I have not tried on the road.
The advantage of the washer is that it works at will : Mrgreen:
0 x
Wonder TITI
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Wonder TITI » 18/11/06, 15:19

Hello, I thought that an alcoholic solution was stable in temperature and that the alcohol would not leave in 1st ...

Otherwise my bubbler is strong and should resist but I am not a player, so I will put a manual purge, it's more reassuring ...

Thank you
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/11/06, 16:18

Hello
iota wrote:Tell me André, is the engine vacuum sufficient to draw water?
I tried it sucks that slab, but maybe the nozzle used was too fine.
I tried the outlet of the windscreen washer directly instead.
necessarily it works, but I have not tried on the road.
The advantage of the washer is that it works at will : Mrgreen:

On a petrol engine, the vacuum under the pappillon is great at idle, good at mid-speed, at full speed it becomes weak
again just place the plug so that it is effective at full speed (in an elbow or rudimentary venturi) at full speed rarely works long.

For a diesel if there is a venturi in the intake, or directly in the cylinder head conduits which also has a venturi effect, the depression will increase with the speed and this makes a simple regulation.
The window washer pump or other is simple too, you free yourself from depression, it must be sprayed and controlled if possible. It is necessary to regulate the water flow according to the fuel consumed with a certain delay (wait until the exhaust temperature rises in the reactor) which in my opinion is the only control.
increased consumption = increased temperature = increased injection of water into the reactor. At accelerations is cold, just take the flow of fuel to regulate risk of drowning the reactor.

Andre
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 18/11/06, 16:28

Thank you André for all this info : Wink:
0 x