Welds mig / mag or tig?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
tryf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Welds mig / mag or tig?

by tryf » 12/06/06, 22:43

Hello
sorry to use this forum for that but I intend to do a training of welder in afpa.
I hesitate between mig / mag or tig.

knowing that apparently, with the mig mag we work almost jama in construction (so always in workshop, what I prefer).

in tig we can be brought to work on site as in workshop.
but especially on piping (which I like less)

knowing also that with mig / mag and also in tig, we can specialize in welding stainless steel or aluminum (stainless steel it concerns me for the system pantonne obviously)

if there are some of you who have done the job of welder, maybe you can guide me?
me mig / mag, is it solid + the tig?

please
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 12/06/06, 23:55

Hello
It depends on what you are looking for and what you want to do
The MIG welding (not the Russian plane) is to make industrial assemblies in series is fast economic is relatively easy, it stresses the parts
the one I prefer for small things and delicate solders and nice clean job, soldering aircraft fuselages 4130 or batits engines, soldering exhaust stainless steel welding aluminum parts is the TIG welding,
It is preferable that you follow a course in a school because at first you break more tungsten that costs you the yard and you will learn all the tricks of the trade.
That took me 3 sessions of 4 months to learn,
I just wanted to learn aluminum, but he does not agree that way.
4 months on 4 steel on stainless steel and 4 months on aluminum and non-ferrous metals copper ect .. When you finished you know how to weld two aluminum beer cans together! (it's very thin)

Note this is not my job, I did this course just to know better weld, (I thought I was good and if does not weld regularly you lose the hand)

Andre
0 x
tryf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tryf » 13/06/06, 11:58

ok thanks andre
I was going to follow my 1er choice: the tig
training lasts 8 months
+ 7 weeks if you want to specialize in stainless steel
like in aluminum
please
0 x
lusitano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lusitano » 13/06/06, 18:12

Hi tryf
indisputably and just like andre I suggest you, to do a tig welder training (tungsten inert gas).
However in my time there was about 10 weeks of common core, which allowed the trainer and the candidate to appreciate the skills and take an orientation (this may not be the case!)
A weld tig must have a good visual ability and a perfect control of his gestures (no tremors even minimal or you
and will remain a small welder without much possibility of evolution:
Possible evolutions! welding in fine boilermaking, see aeronotics! Super well paid !!!
on GAZ and EDF piping projects well paid too !!
INOX food tubing, wine cellar, laboratories ect !! well paid too! MIG MAG about 40% WAGE IN LESS and work of serie uninteresting certainly you do not think much !!
I myself welder MIG MAG, TIG, chopsticks, last training in date CHAUDRONNIER in fine sheets. good luck for your training @ ++ : Lol:
0 x
tryf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tryf » 14/06/06, 00:27

Hello
a big thank you for your answer !!
the aeronotics that I would like carrement !!
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 14/06/06, 08:28

Hello
Too cool all these welders !! : Cheesy:
Well, there is a time, I had a maybe interesting idea, to make mini plasma torches, there is a huge potential market !!!!! (All jeweler / jeweler, prosthetist etc. plus the many do-it-yourselfers who do not want to have dangerous bottles at home and would like to weld "clean")
What do you know about a manufacturer?
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
lusitano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

mig mag, tig

by lusitano » 14/06/06, 19:34

hello bibiphoque,
in the case of electro-plasma, there are several technologies:
1er electro-plasma for cutting sheet metal (aluminum stainless steel).
This one has already existed for more than a decade, in fact no need of gas cylinders only of a compressor (mini 1.5ch.) .. a current passes a point of arc arc is created (about 1250 °) between the Piece and torch, an instantaneous breath well hunt does not merge and you advance ...; your piece rarely exceeds 50 °.
2eme téchonologie UPS of small stations of about 4kg can cut you max 24mm in black sheet and 18mm stainless! : Shock: (There are more GROS)
Welding to the ecolo-plasma sorry I do not know ?? laser yes! but I do not master.
However you can always inquire at a supplier in industrial defeat he sell almost any post for orbital welding ($$$) on order of course !!!
@ + lusitano
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 15/06/06, 08:08

Hello,
Thank you for this info, in fact, for jewelers etc. the advantage is that we can use not only air but also other gases such as argon or nitrogen to make welds on special metals (alloy white gold, titanium because it is fashionable, surgical stainless steel for fantasy etc ...) without excessive oxidation or having to use special flows that are very expensive.
That's why, mainly, it would be interresting : Idea:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 15/06/06, 21:10

Bibiphoque wrote:Hello,
Thank you for this info, in fact, for jewelers etc. the advantage is that we can use not only air but also other gases such as argon or nitrogen to make welds on special metals (alloy white gold, titanium because it is fashionable, surgical stainless steel for fantasy etc ...) without excessive oxidation or having to use special flows that are very expensive.
That's why, mainly, it would be interresting : Idea:
@+

You're reinventing the TIG actually there.

And for those who want to make a plasma cutting station there is this:
Realization plasma cutting station ..
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 16/06/06, 09:49

Hello welders
And that: Multipraz plasma torch http://www.multiplaz.com/french/about.php
What do you think ?
Michel
0 x