Plasmatron you know?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Plasmatron you know?

by jean63 » 09/02/06, 17:34

While going to explore the quanthomme site, I came across a very interesting press review (we will say for me) because I learned that:

MIT researchers in the USA have obtained grants from the US Department of Energy to develop a pantone-like system called [b] plasmatron : Mrgreen: .... and that a fleet of Indiana buses is testing the system [/ b]:!:

In this article, the MIT researchers also explain that what happens in the reactor is similar to what happens in a thunderstorm (plasma field generated by the coming into contact of masses of hot air and cold air. ) hence the name of plasmatron : Arrow:

full address of the quanthomme website page (press) : Arrow:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 01/06/06, 23:08

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/08/06, 22:20

chic, they found a way to make an expensive pantone! , finally, if it has the merit of explaining to us why it works, we will not have wasted our time.
when we type "plasmatron" on google we have 81300 17 pages (this 08/2006/XNUMX), not bad, right?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/05/12, 07:31

elephant wrote:chic, they found a way to make an expensive pantone!

Small up.
So much memories

MULTIPLAZ-3500 is a unique portable multifunction plasma station, specifically designed for cutting, Tig welding, brazing of metals and many other materials. It is the result of a global invention made by Russian scientists.

1750€ : Arrow: 8000d ° for 3.5kwh
http://multiplaz.cnodirect.com/bonjour-tout-le-monde/

In my opinion the plasma is that of the ambient air.

I remember the Russian model. It's the gun. : Arrow: patent in the public domain.

In Belgium:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/MULTIPLAZ-3500-/110452076024
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/05/12, 08:11

You need a tungsten cathode.
A titanium nozzle (anode)
A compressor for the flow through the anode.
An adjustable current source.
The settings are: DC current, High Voltage style rectified chopped.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/05/12, 09:50

I went fishing for archives on my PC
MIT plasmatron pdf
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... nvDiwI.pdf

No traces of the Russian model: damn
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/05/12, 10:58

The principle is always the same, water or air or methane ...

PYROJET "M"
at the water.

ImageImage

always 3500w or less than 20A under 220v
Always Russian at the base.

Edit: http://www.aacdm.net/equipements.aspx
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/05/12, 14:17

A nice and interesting collection of quite different physical phenomena, and very different from the explanations for Pantone.

I try to have clear benchmarks.

A concentrated powerful electrical discharge (3KW) (the trick is in this self compression linked to the geometry of the torch) creates very high temperatures with plasma which decompose water into H and O, which by recombining immediately give the very high temperature in a very concentrated volume.
It works commercially, and everything is in the geometry of the nozzle of the pistol, not described, but to be understood, especially with a very small volume of powerful electric discharge with water or other liquid initially undergoing electric discharge.

It's all in the Venturi nozzle compression tip:

Once the torch is filled with the correct fluid, the device is connected, and voltage is turned on to the cathode (the ON button is pressed), then assign to the user to create the arc by pressing the start button. As the start button is released, an electric arc has arisen between the cathode and the nozzle. Heats the energy of the arc nozzle which in turn heats the evaporator, which causes the liquid to be transformed into vapor. Steam comes out of the internal pressure nozzle (0,4-1,2 bar). The steam escaping compresses the electric arc. Compression increases the temperature from arc to arc. The electric compressed steam arc heats the ionization temperature.

The plasma is not that of the ambient air, but, it is the trick, that of the evaporated liquid, therefore water + alcohol if necessary, without practically no air, which regulates the redox or axydant properties of concentrated plasma.
You can put any desired liquid, water, alcohol, fuel, etc.

The crucial trick is to concentrate to the max the discharge in the evaporated gas, to have the max T, without limit if we concentrate the 3KW in a few mm, or almost infinite in microns !!!
The limit is the plasma instabilities, which, like for ITER, block the possibility of nuclear fusion of H.
Reading the patent on the nozzle should indicate a little the basics of the compression tip.

The MIT is different since it passes the hydrocarbon fuel gas to more than 75% of H, in this electric plasma to decompose it in part by gasifying it and improving its combustion. But it's weird, because then this gaseous fuel oil no longer passes by the injection of an ordinary diesel, good only for gas engines.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/05/12, 14:38

Humor mode
[we]
It's all about the nozzle.
If you have not understood
You're a triple nozzle
[Off]
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/05/12, 16:05

And plasmanu, with his personal nozzle, reproduced with a transformer from 100 to 1000V in a few micro-drops of water, arriving on the arc at the right speed ???
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"