camping van for transformation

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Floshix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

camping van for transformation

by Floshix » 19/10/15, 10:39

Hello all,

My partner and I finally found and bought our van and started the development.

Electricity is practically finished, photovoltaic panel on the roof battery and co. We remain leds to fix uen times the furniture set up.

We are going to make our solar shower, water container with 12v pump + shower head with contactor, which we will connect to heat it to a pipe which will end on a copper pipe circuit in the form of a "resistance" on a 3mm aluminum plate thick covered by another plate painted black. I'm still hesitant if I shouldn't just put plastic sheeting in place of the top plate and paint the other plate and pipes black. Please tell me if you find one or the other more effective solution with your super knowledge :). Or if you still have another proposal I am all open.

The insulation is already done and the floor will be done in the week with cork.

So after we do the furniture, pass my license: p (my partner is the only one allowed to drive outside the country at the moment (license for me review the 8-12-15)).

After that we would like to install a pantone system on our van: Renault master 2002 120 tdi 2.5. (to double check on the papers when I have the courage to go out in the cold :D this afternoon and I'll confirm it with the bold edition.)

So I would like to know if we could go to someone who would have time to help us and explain at the same time (I read about your forum and internet but it will be even clearer and more understanding in doing and face to face for myself.

Of course we will pay time or in exchange system.
We love to do the gardens and vegetable garden but any other possible exchange for 2 parties is welcome. (It does not bother us to pay but we prefer the exchange which is in our eyes more beneficial for 2 parties and for the good mood :D)

I would also like to know if this system can be done in "plug and play", by screwing for example, to be able to dismantle it for the technical control which I think does not accept it yet.
If not possible too bad. The fine is well worth reducing crap emissions in the atmosphere and our lungs :).

So from 8-12-15 if all goes well we will start to go to France for the rest of our trip. (more about us and our trip and project: https://floshsannelaroute.wordpress.com/the-dream/

Thank you in advance for your answers and for your personal investments for this forum etc.

Full of happiness in your day and see you soon :)

Florent
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/10/15, 23:37

Welcome to the forum. 8)
Vast program than yours.
I went to see your blog which is very nice.

To answer your question about a "plug & play" depollution system, in my opinion it is complicating your life enormously and risking losing all the efficiency of the system if you manage to obtain positive results with it. Most of those who have modified their vehicle have never encountered a problem at Technical Control. I had planned to try the experiment on a vehicle and for that I had recovered from a wreck the part of the exhaust that I wanted to modify. So I didn't immobilize my vehicle during tuning and I could put the original part back while I was working on the "prototype". (I finally sold the car without making the modification because I was not driving enough with it and especially not on a regular basis to do MEASURABLE tests). As such, I invite you, if you really want to take action, to start now to measure your fuel consumption very precisely to compare them with those that you will obtain during your tests and tuning. This means filling up to the brim each time and ideally at the same station (I have noticed significant differences in consumption between stations that I attribute to pumps which deceive the quantity of fuel). You can use a simple notebook and post your statements in a spreadsheet or use smartphone apps like Sprintmonitor. : Idea:

A 2002 MASTER is a sufficiently modern vehicle (Lambda probe, turbo, EGR, ...) to make it difficult to obtain convincing results.

But I let other members give their opinion, mine being turned to other technologies ...

For the insulation of the van, knowing that the sheet is an excellent thermal conductor, care must be taken to remove the thermal bridges. Cork is an excellent choice and is a very pleasant material to work with.

You do not evoke the region where you reside. This would help with self-help offers, although I understand that travel is a way of life for you 2.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/10/15, 06:58

Sacred project!

It is vehicles where you have to do the preventive (mechanical tracking, bottom rust corrosion etc ... it is necessary to follow it very closely and every year or maxi every 2 years: treat small corners that can corrode .. if you do it regularly, there is not much to do, it can be done with the bomb, the more we wait however ...) so it will keep its value for a long time (I have a Nissan Vanette 1992, no problem but good follow up ...)

Very good idea the mini-bus to transform ... I trivialize it to the maximum so that it looks as much as possible to a delivery vehicle. Nowadays in camping, it is better to spend the most unnoticed possible!
The advantage of the European plates is that you have to have your nose on the plate to know which country you come from, very difficult to spot in the traffic, if you're not around ...!

And leave nothing visible (ostentatious) when leaving the vehicle of course!

Good luck and good walks ... ^^

PS: for those who have not yet purchased such a vehicle, the good plan is to find a mini-bus refrigeration ... There the insulation is perfect and it's totally incognito. To have better question isolation it is necessary a caravan ad-hoc, but much less stable on the road and not discrete. With a refrigerant it is necessary just to provide good ventilation, like any small vmc df (in principle on the roof nobody will look ...). And we can live there in any weather and any outside temperature, with very little heating needed inside ... Cherry on the cake, often these vehicles are aluminum chassis, so very little problem of corrosion.
0 x
Flytox

Re: Transformation van in camper

by Flytox » 20/10/15, 22:35

Hello Floshix, welcome.

Floshix wrote:After that we would like to install a pantone system on our van: Renault master 2002 120 tdi 2.5. (to double check on the papers when I have the courage to go out in the cold :D this afternoon and I'll confirm it with the bold edition.)

Pantone or Gillier Pantone mountings mounted on recent TDI engines (stuffed with electronics) are very little documented (seriously) on the net. AMHA is very difficult to do and certainly for a relatively small gain (less than measurement uncertainty). We must master to deceive the various sensors that operate the controls and other servo loops when we obtain the opposite effect to the desired effect.

In short, on this type of engine, with amateur means / instrumentation, we can reasonably aim to keep the engine clean (stabilization of consumption to its minimum) while polluting less, but the effect on consumption cannot be spectacular. like on an old atmospheric "ventured" Diesel.

So I would like to know if we could go to someone who would have time to help us and explain at the same time (I read about your forum and internet but it will be even clearer and more understanding in doing and face to face for myself.

Explanations, we will be happy to give you some on forum, we'll see after....

Of course we will pay time or in exchange system.
We love to do the gardens and vegetable garden but any other possible exchange for 2 parties is welcome. (It does not bother us to pay but we prefer the exchange which is in our eyes more beneficial for 2 parties and for the good mood :D)

The method is nice .... :P

I would also like to know if this system can be done in "plug and play", by screwing for example, to be able to dismantle it for the technical control which I think does not accept it yet.
If not possible too bad. The fine is well worth reducing crap emissions in the atmosphere and our lungs :).

The Plug and Play, it's good on a computer but it's just not possible on a motor ..... too many changes, too many parts in play.
Technical control is not a real obstacle, I am in 3rd without problems. The guy just asks to be confirmed what fuel is being used. You just have to answer the truth for example GO and water. He checks GO. No problem. It can possibly mark "deterioration of the exhaust", we do not give a damn about the reverse inspection. Some insist on the fact that this modification is not part of the mine file. So if you have a big accident (like with dead or injured), your insurer is not obliged to follow (unless it insures this kind of risk).

Have a nice trip.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"