Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a hand!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Karltechno96
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a hand!

by Karltechno96 » 23/10/12, 03:46

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I decided to register because it seemed to me that you have a lot of expertise in hydrogen.

So here I am, a 16 year old student from Quebec. I have a scientific school project to do and I therefore decided to make a Go-kart with Hydrogen, with perhaps also, if feasible and at a good price photovoltaic cells (solar panel) to recharge my battery serving to electrolyze.

The goal of this project is to design a kart as green as possible, so I am open to all your suggestions, as long as they are economical;) In reality, I go much further than asked, but I hope so deepen my knowledge and if possible, go to science fairs and maybe win a scholarship to pay for my university studies in engineering.

Back to the subject, I read several hours on the subject and I found a lot of info. I know how to do the bubbler and electrolysis. My biggest problem is the settings to be made. How do I attach and adjust the chlorinator to the kart engine? Obviously, it is certainly not as complicated as your motor brains that you deceive with the help of your contraptions, impressive I enjoyed my reading by the way.

Here is some useful information:
- The kart engine is a standard Honda Gx200
- 197cc
- 6.5 hp
Link to an image of the engine: http://bricolage-jardin-chauffage.vivastreet.com/outillage-jardinage+domerat-03410/moteur-honda-gx-160-neuf--gx-120--gvxv160/13344877

Obviously, if you are interested, I will give you a report on the progress of my project using photo and video. And as I encounter difficulties, I hope you can help me.

So thank you all,
Karltechno96
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 23/10/12, 08:56

How do you plan to store hydrogen?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/10/12, 12:51

How do I attach and adjust the chlorinator to the kart engine?

will consume much more battery electric energy to make the hydrogen which propels the kart, and therefore it is incoherent, energetically, as much to take this battery electricity to run the electric motor of the kart !!!

Otherwise, you have a real project and not a dream, make it cheaper. heating with summer solar heat for winter, stored underground à www.dlsc.ca , a magnificent Canadian achievement, functional, to make accessible everywhere in the world !!

There is a lack of inexpensive simple drilling, such as micro-robot drilling and inexpensive blockages of the water circulation, with lime or injected dissolved calcite !!!

It is a realistic project, eternally eliminating all CO2, all pollution, all nuclear, in perpetuity, indestructible, without consumption of anything, once installed.

On the contrary, your kart is a dream.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/10/12, 18:28

Hello Karltechno96 Welcome

The goal of this project is to design a kart as green as possible, then I am open to all your suggestions, as long as they are economical;)

Your choice seems a "bit" open to criticism .... A kart is a toy and not a utility for getting around (green what!) ..... Apart from having fun, what can it do without wasting money energy and pollute? Sorry but the "green" side takes a hit : Mrgreen: .

For the engine itself, the hydrogen supply brings complication, weight, bulk, especially since the improvement remains to be proven ...... the risk is to use more energy to do the electrolysis than you can recover by injecting hydrogen into your engine ....

To "improve" the fuel consumption performance of your kart, you could for example work on the transmission (reduction). Usually they pull too short to make them more fun with better acceleration, but in the straight line they are over revs or at the breaker (not really top performance). Making the engine work as long as possible close to the maximum torque speed could improve fuel consumption and pollution. Finally ... that is to say that you have to transform the kart into a calf ... not very fun modifying it : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a helping hand!

by moinsdewatt » 23/10/12, 18:42

Karltechno96 wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I decided to register because it seemed to me that you have a lot of expertise in hydrogen.

So here I am, a 16 year old student from Quebec. I have a scientific school project to do and I therefore decided to make a Go-kart with Hydrogen, with perhaps also, if feasible and at a good price photovoltaic cells (solar panel) to recharge my battery serving to electrolyze.

The goal of this project is to design a kart as green as possible, so I am open to all your suggestions, as long as they are economical;) In reality, I go much further than asked, but I hope so deepen my knowledge and if possible, go to science fairs and maybe win a scholarship to pay for my university studies in engineering.

Back to the subject, I read several hours on the subject and I found a lot of info. I know how to do the bubbler and electrolysis. My biggest problem is the settings to be made. How do I attach and adjust the chlorinator to the kart engine? Obviously, it is certainly not as complicated as your motor brains that you deceive with the help of your contraptions, impressive I enjoyed my reading by the way.

Here is some useful information:
- The kart engine is a standard Honda Gx200
- 197cc
- 6.5 hp
Link to an image of the engine: http://bricolage-jardin-chauffage.vivastreet.com/outillage-jardinage+domerat-03410/moteur-honda-gx-160-neuf--gx-120--gvxv160/13344877

Obviously, if you are interested, I will give you a report on the progress of my project using photo and video. And as I encounter difficulties, I hope you can help me.

So thank you all,
Karltechno96

What is the relationship between the electrolyser and the Kart engine?

It is as if I was wondering about the relationship between refinement and the engine of my petrol car ......
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Go-Kart and HHO engine: Need a helping hand!

by gildas » 23/10/12, 18:52

Karltechno96 wrote:so I decided to make a Go-kart with Hydrogen