Turbulence in the Pantone reactor?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Turbulence in the Pantone reactor?

by paotop » 16/11/05, 18:17

has anyone made a synthesis of the best performance of a reactor?

a "spad" type assembly for example has a reactor rod which is anything but aero-dynamic and which must generate a lot of turbulance when the humid air passes through the reactor, and yet I have the impression that the efficiency is superior to a mounting with a profiled core.

has anyone done comparative tests on this?

What if the nucleus is electrically isolated from the reactor body? what difference?

and if it is welded to the reactor body, what difference?

I think it would be useful to gather all the information on this subject in order to be able to make a syntax which would be useful to all and avoid a lot of wasting time in approximate montages and poor performance.

maybe that could help to advance the schmilblic :D
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 20/11/05, 16:42

Hello
response to paotop
Regarding the turbulence in the reactor, the rules are quite similar to that which one meets in the intake pipes of current engine
to know too much turbulence damage to the filling.
not enough turbulence to the mixture.

it's the same with the reactor
not enough turbulence detrimental to the spraying of mocrogouttes
and too much turbulence detrimental to the speed of passage of the gas as well as to the friction on the rod and reactor tube.
So you see you have to juggle these two extremes which are opposed to the proper functioning of the reactor.
As for the electrical insulation of the stem, we talked about the forum . After a while of walking
(Lapping in simple language) all the rods become covered with an insulating layer, which solves the problem.

Andre
0 x
paotop
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by paotop » 21/11/05, 17:46

hi Andrew,

So, if the centralizers of the reactor are welded to the tube, isn't it good?
and should we then let the nucleus "float" in the reactor?

and did you try to put a turbulance generator at the inlet of the reactor to increase the contact surface between the gas and the reactor core?
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/11/05, 20:44

Hello
yes I worked with a turbulence generator at the inlet of the reactor and I just removed it, I will give you the results
later, as it is falling on the transmission and lost on the road I doubt that I put another one .. I go to the simplest all that is used for almost nothing I eliminate it.
as for the insulation even a rod welded at one end that does not change much, when we talk about insulation it is not the rod, the drops of water rub on an insulating layer of oxide or of deposit (blue color with rifle) it is a little like the insulation of the sheets of a transformer, oxidation is enough and even that they are all to weld in a place to eliminate the bolts. this does not affect the transformer.
Andre
0 x
campadebulsance
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by campadebulsance » 21/11/05, 21:47

Hello !

that's it my system is in place on a fiat 115cv tractor
I have to prepare the photos .... for the site

I stupidly made an error on my system ....

in your opinion
I swapped in and out !!!
which means that my exhaust gas is flowing in the same direction as the bulldozer !!!

has anyone ever tried backwards? *

in any case fully accelerated the tractor takes 100 rpm
additional!!!
2500 instead of 2400rpm

I intend to reestablish the problem very soon but I would like to try like this .... what do you think?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 21/11/05, 22:20

Having a reverse gas flow allows a higher gas temperature at the outlet of the reactor.

This is the solution chosen by most of the experimenters who have successfully operated the Pantone.
0 x
Other

by Other » 22/11/05, 05:48

Hello,
From the thermal point of view it is advantageous that it circulates in the opposite direction, but if the reactor and runs 100mm the error is reduced, it is a bit as if the heat source hit the reactor at 90 degrees, as in the flame of a burner, if the heat is sufficient it will slightly affect the performance. The opposite direction has no role on the internal friction of the drops. If the rod had measured 300 mm it would be more
embarassing.

Andre
0 x
campadebulsance
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by campadebulsance » 22/11/05, 11:16

well the reactor is 230 mm ....
so I'm going to reverse everything ....

however the outlet of the reactor is hot

there is something strange on the tractor
there is a kind of overflow pipe below the cylinder head (which in my opinion is used to evacuate the emanation coming from the oil pan)
where steam comes out .... appearing the owner of the tractor never noticed that steam came out ....

I have the impression that the reaction is not done well and there is a transfer of water to the bottom of the engine (- I think of the fact that the pipes are not in the right direction ....)

What do you think?
(however there is indeed an improvement in fully loaded rpm)
without having yet to plow soil !!!
0 x
campadebulsance
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by campadebulsance » 22/11/05, 11:21

the only advantage I find ... (for now ...)

is that the inlet and outlet piping are at the shortest less than 40cm between bubbler and reactor and intake reactor

ps / pantone specify although exhaust and reactor must oppose ....

have you ever tried like me Andre?
0 x
Other

by Other » 22/11/05, 15:52

Hello
No I have never tried al, reverse side on the thermal side I put all the luck on my board
Regarding the outlet of the crankcase or (rocker cover)
it is normal that it comes out of water vapor and oil vapor that is what it is for, all the motors give off steam in the crankcase and the more it is worn the more it passes along segments and this contaminates the oil the crankcase must be ventilated,
On airplanes send it under the hood with the depression of the speed it sucks, in winter this pipe only needs to freeze or get blocked it smashes the crankshaft seal behind the propeller
and the parchment becomes buttered with oil.
A well-known failure of the pilots in winter ...
Andre
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"