Operation by Mr. Lavoisier Hydrogen and Iron

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
LAVOISIER
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Operation by Mr. Lavoisier Hydrogen and Iron

by LAVOISIER » 20/10/05, 13:43

it is Mr. LAVOISIER brilliant scientist who first in 1781 decomposed the water into oxygen and hydrogen.

He passed water vapor in a glowing tube, at the exit he obtained hydrogen. The so-called inventor of the US took over the French experience and slightly improved!

It is actually an oxyreduction. OXIDATION OF IRON AND REDUCTION OF WATER!

H2O + Fe -> FeO (IRON OXIDE) + H2
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 20/10/05, 13:56

Hello,
The voice of his master !! :P
It's not as simple as you think, indeed, if what you are announcing was true, shortly after the processor is put into operation, there would be nothing left of the rod except an amma of rust, off, This is not the case !!!
(must shake a little piti meninges before posting B))
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/05, 14:13

I have already thought about this reaction and here is the energy balance:

Estimation calculations

"Life" duration of an iron rod of 500 grams. In other words: how much energy in H2 form provide 500 grams of iron.

Assumptions, it is assumed that:

- 100% of the water cracked via this reaction, it is the most favorable and energetically favorable hypothesis at the level of lifetime of Iron. Evidently in reality this reaction is not complete.

the T ° and the heat supplied to the reactor are greater than or at least equal to the conditions of this reaction

- A mass of Iron consumed 500g

Molar masses: Mfr = 58.8, Mh2 = 2, Mh2o = 18, Mfe3o4 = 240.4 (unit: g / mol). Pc H2 = 120 000 kJ / kg. PCI GO = 40 000 kJ / kg. Density GO = 0.8 kg / L

According to the equation we have:

3 moles of iron react with 4 moles of water to produce 1 mole of iron oxide and 4 moles of hydrogen. Massively: 3 moles of iron = 176.4 g and 4 mole of water = 72 g give 1 mole of rust = 240.4 g and 4 mole of hydrogen = 8 g.

It can be seen immediately that the quantity of Hydrogen produced in relation to iron consumption is ridiculous. But let's continue the calculations to the end.

500 g of "rusty" iron will therefore obviously give 22,7 g of H2 .... This corresponds to 2724 kJ is 68.1 g of GO and therefore 85 ml of GO.

Conclusion: these figures are ridiculously low and unless we find a method of deoxidation of iron rust, it is not conceivable that this is the reaction that occurs in the case of tractors doped with water. The calculation of the service life is therefore useless in view of this first estimate.
0 x
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 21/10/05, 12:23

Hello,

If, on the other hand, the spraying of the water is pulverized on the red-hot iron, during the phase where there is no water, the iron oxide is transformed again into iron.
So we should find the frequency of oxidation of iron oxidation so we have a hydrogen recovery phase and a recovery phase of oxygen there is more than to make the energy (economically) the system.

GEO;).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/05, 12:41

geotrouvetout wrote:If, on the other hand, the spraying of the water is pulverized on the red-hot iron, during the phase where there is no water, the iron oxide is transformed again into iron.
So we should find the frequency of oxidation of iron oxidation so we have a hydrogen recovery phase and a recovery phase of oxygen there is more than to make the energy (economically) the system.

I do not understand what you're saying .... You mention a reversibility of the reaction?
Could you be precise? thank you
0 x
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 21/10/05, 21:44

Hello,

for econology, more clearly (I hope) when spraying water on iron bearing red, there is oxidation of iron and production of hydrogen.
Iron oxide + thermal energy gives iron and produces oxygen.
So in a first phase, water is sprayed on the red iron to produce hydrogen.
In the 2eme phase the iron oxide resulting from the first phase is heated to liberate the oxygen and to recover with iron.
So alternating phase1, phase 2 to produce H and O and end up with Fe.
By analogy, NaH + H2o -> NaOH + H2 and NaOH + thermal energy -> NaH + O, the loop is closed.

GEO;).
0 x
Icing
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Icing » 28/10/05, 00:18

Apparently it will not be this reaction that happens in the "Pantone reactor"
So the system is working on the question is rather what are the reactions occurring in this system, right?

What exactly is the reciter?

I wondered if it was possible to build a transparent receiver, with the glass tube for example?
What type of glass would it take for it to resist the heat that reigns in the system?

Then how to anneal the elements that enter and leave the system?

I can forget my basics of chemistry so for the result of the experiment I will have a hard time studying them if any time I build such a reactor.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 28/10/05, 09:57

A question that I often asked myself: what comes out of a Pantone in water doping is it flammable?
0 x
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 28/10/05, 10:10

And how, we make them burners
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 16/11/05, 18:49

Yes but if I'm not mistaken, it's not 100% water!

I think cuicui wanted to know if the gas coming out of a reactor that sucks only water is flammable.

And I think no, otherwise it would know! : Cry:
0 x