Firefox inflates me to death !! Bug or delirium?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Firefox inflates me to death !! Bug or delirium?

by Christophe » 19/09/08, 12:05

: Evil: filthy FIREFOX and WIN XP !!!!!!!!! There it is too much I crack !!! I have 2 problems with my pécé and firefox in particular:

A) I've lost work for 3 times in a week because of those fucking shitty Windows shortcuts !! CRTL + W (= close the window without warnings) juxtaposed to CRTL + X (= cut) I find this but really VERY VERY SMART !!

I get fooled regularly and this morning I lost 30 minutes of work (editing a short story and a long subject) !! So ... the balls !!! Balls!!!! Balls!!!! : Evil: : Evil:

Is there a possibility to disable some shortcuts like this? Apparently it's a windows shortcut but using windows I never understood anything it's crap in sauce we find everything except what we want ...

B) More delicate and incomprehensible: often (at least 2 or 3 times a day !!) when I want to write (editing a subject, search form whether on econo or other, for example google ...) this big shit from firefox switches me AUTOMATICALLY in its internal search form to the page we get with CRTL + F !!! The worst thing is that by closing it and trying again the edition and well it's the same !! At each touch typed in a FORM (forumarea HTML), Firefox switches me to ITS search.

To solve I have to restart an FF session ...

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/09/08, 12:12

Uh ... I couldn't help you with the little Fox.Image

But to close, given the promiscuity of the X and W, it is better to take the little mouse and make him nibble the little cross :D
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 19/09/08, 12:13

I think the Ctrl + W is related to Firefox and not to Win XP. It also works as Linux. It does not close the window but the active tab (if there is only one tab then it closes the window). I didn't know, thanks, I just learned an order. I have not found how to disable it, the best is to avoid the "big fingers" symptom.

For your search form story that starts when you want to write in a subject, that sounds super weird to me. I haven't experienced anything that looks like this.

Are you not on an old version? the Beta 3? At home it works nickel.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/08, 12:17

Rulian wrote:I think the Ctrl + W is related to Firefox and not to Win XP. It also works as Linux. I knew, thank you, I just learned a command. I have not found a way to disable it, the best is to avoid the "big fingers" symptom.

Ben CRTL + W also works with IE ... so I thought it was windows but actually it doesn't work with Acrobat! It is therefore FF which copies the shortcuts of IE (or the reverse hits me) ...

For big finger YOU WANT A BAFF? !!! ??? !!!

Rulian wrote:For your search form story that starts when you want to write in a subject, that sounds super weird to me. I haven't experienced anything that looks like this.

Are you not on an old version? the Beta 3? At home it works nickel.

No FF 1.5 updated ... The next time that happens to me I take a capture with Camstudio !!! Grrrrr
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/08, 12:18

Remundo wrote:But to close, given the promiscuity of the X and W, it is better to take the little mouse and make him nibble the little cross :D

It is when I want to CUT GLUE that I involuntarily press CRTL + W !!
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 19/09/08, 12:18

Yes the Ctrl + W is a shortcut that is frequently found in a lot of programs but it is not linked to windows. You just have to be careful when making your shortcuts. Or do everything with the mouse in the Edit menu so no error.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 19/09/08, 12:26

Christophe wrote:No FF 1.5 updated ... The next time that happens to me I take a capture with Camstudio !!! Grrrrr

Ben is trying with an updated version. We are at 3.0.1. Install it separately from the install file picked up from mozilla and try.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/09/08, 12:44

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:But to close, given the promiscuity of the X and W, it is better to take the little mouse and make him nibble the little cross :D

It is when I want to CUT GLUE that I involuntarily press CRTL + W !!

For big fingers, edit cut, then edit paste : Cheesy:

Otherwise I looked at the help and it doesn't offer to change the default shortcuts.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/08, 12:45

No Rulian ... 1.5 works (apart from this problem) I don't see pkoi I would take a soft twice as HEAVY and lots of stuff that I don't use. In addition it will probably change nothing in problem A)!

So if I understand correctly we can not edit the shortcuts of FF?
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 19/09/08, 12:48

Christophe wrote:
So if I understand correctly we can not edit the shortcuts of FF?

I don't think so, in "general" shortcuts are hard-coded in the program when creating the menu.
0 x