Ecooogle.org

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
straydogg
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecooogle.org

by straydogg » 30/05/08, 19:44

This search engine is based on a very simple principle: A blank page consumes on average 77 Watts to display on your screen against only 52 Watts for a black page. (Energy Star Institute of Chicago translation)

But the most viewed page on the net is google.com and unfortunately it is white at 98%!

So here is Google in "black" version, I named ecooogle.org.

The features are totally identical to google.fr if not the colors. Simply replace your google homepage with ecoogle and you'll save just energy.

Studies estimate that if Google had a black background, we could save 750 Megawatt-hours per year. Although this may leave you skeptical, one thing is certain: using ecooogle.org can only do good!

Thank you for the planet ...

The address: ecooogle.org - The ecological search engine Note: It is possible to add this engine to your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) via the link at the bottom of the homepage! Very convenient !

To know more : http://www.ecooogle.org/
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 31/05/08, 10:17

Yes and no

recent tests (I can not find the site in question, sorry), have proven that according to the technology of the screen used (there are several technologies even in flat screens), it is either white pixels or black pixels who consume the most.

so, no generality ... and I stay on my google white!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 31/05/08, 10:54

This is a subject that has already been raised on these forumsunfortunately I can't find it anymore :|

superform wrote:it is either the white pixels or the black pixels that consume the most.

Interressant, I had never thought to verify that.

Anyway, on a flat screen is the lighting of the bottom of the screen that consumes the most and whatever the color.

A little bit of Wattmeter and here is the result:
19 "4/3 LCD screen
Google = 30.6 Watt
Ecooogle = 30.8 Watt

Even if this wattmeter is not very accurate, the measurement comparison remains valid and shows that the interest announced is not valid on an LCD, but against it remains on a CRT screen.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/05/08, 11:43

Spammy topic to promote a Nieme clone ecoloportuniste based on an outdated scientific fact as a flat screen (99% of the new screens sold in Europe) consumes strictly the same thing ... it displays white or black or red or green ... or .. .

In short 10 years late ... : Cheesy:

I propose to lock ... here are 2 links on the subject:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/comparatif ... t3610.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/duree-de-v ... t4462.html
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 31/05/08, 13:58

Ben I almost locked, but not found the 2 links you mention ...
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Remundo

by Remundo » 31/05/08, 16:20

It's quite ominous ecooogle page all black with a kind of gray moon ...

Then for the consos, it is not proven.

But a great marketing idea : Cheesy:
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"